Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fresh VE pics!!!

Reaction score
Members Ride
94 holden belina sedan 5L V8
if those photos of the new VE are correct when its realesed, my own opinion of course, UGLY as im sure we dont want the new commy to look like a vectra on steroids!!

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina

BadMac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS.
Heres a montage I put together. The dashes are confirmed. There are 3 basic dashes (1 Sports, 2 Luxury, 3 Up Market). There are small variations in these between models ie the chrome treatment on Calais is on top of standard (Berlina) Luxury dash. The SSV seams to have the extra TFT as well as the high mounted (electronic instruments?) cluster.

145622_vedash.JPG
[/QUOTE]

Confirmed Model range.
Omega Base
Omega with Safety Pack (Active Head Restraints and Curtain Airbags)
SV6
SV6 with Option Pack (Leather, Curtain Airbags)
Berlina
SS (Spec similar to current SV8)
SS V-Series (SS with upgrades introduced with SS-Z)
Calais
Calais V-Series
Statesman
Caprice
The 'V series' models are the same as the base models but with extra fruit; the difference is much the same as the difference between WL Statesman and Caprice (The difference between SS and SS-V is similar to the difference between VZ SV8 and SS [Better seats, full climate control, better trim, leather, etc.]).

No Turbo
No Exec
No Lumina
No Acclaim
No 4WD

Other Facts many of these have come from HFV6 on LS1, others are from various sources. Thank you all who have supplied snippits.
Release to media is 14 July on Gold Coast. On sale is 18 August.
Only Omega has 4 speed Auto
All others have 5 or 6 speed Autos. Neither Holden nor HSV will be using anything other than autos from GM Powertrain (NO ZF!!).
All V8's will have 6 speed autos.
It will be VE and the next one (after VEII) will be VF.
Ute is internally confirmed for August 2007. Ute mirrors Passenger car lineup with Base, SV6, SS and SS-V models. Looks very cool - tub sides slope downward from front of car to back.
Wagon for early 2008. The wagon is much more of a 'Sports Wagon' than the current wagon, think Saab 9-3 SportCombi in terms of theme.
VZ Crewman to continue until 2008 with no replacement planned.
Colour-coded dashes are an option on some models. Ignition (Orange), Sting red (Red) and Onyx (Black) are available. The variables are paint colour, leather colour, trim colour, instrument colour. These aren't fully flexible.
20 inch wheels are a HBD option and the car has been calibrated for them to allow accurate speedometer readings
SS has 19" standard and 20" are a HBD option. HSZ will have 20" standard.
HSV E series will be released 1 month after VE.
The V6 will come in 2 variants, Neither will exceed 200Kw's

Colours
Red Passion - Basically Shang hai Renamed
Sandstorm - A very light metallic Gold
Nickel - A darker Version of Quick Silver
Evoke - A very dark metallic Grey
Odyssey
Vespers
Sting Red - AKA Red Hot
Heron White
Quick Silver
Phantom Black
Provence - Very light Metallic blue (Presumed main colour for Calais)
Ignition - Possible Hero Colour
Morpheous - Possible Hero Colour

Last edited:

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
Why does the luxury (Berlina) pic show a 4 speed auto if its only available in the Omega base?

Will 5 and 6 speed auto's all be sequential shift?

I dont like the idea of the Calais and Calais-V or the Omega replacing the Executive..Seems odd when its the first commodore not based on the Opel Omega, yet now they decide to name it the Omega.

BadMac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS.
1991_Vn2nV said:
Why does the luxury (Berlina) pic show a 4 speed auto if its only available in the Omega base?

Will 5 and 6 speed auto's all be sequential shift?

I dont like the idea of the Calais and Calais-V or the Omega replacing the Executive..Seems odd when its the first commodore not based on the Opel Omega, yet now they decide to name it the Omega.

It doesn't. The Berlina has a 5 speed, the shifter is P N D 4 3 L, not P N D 3 2 1, this was dismissed many posts ago.

Blame Mooney for the V and Omega.

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
greenfoam said:
What's up with the "V6C055" body number on an SS :yeah: suss.....

p.s how come everyone high up in holden has babies :)
Very Suss that:D I think they all have babies make out like they are family people:D "When you think of holden, Think family":p

1991_Vn2nV said:
woahhh cheers for the pics man. Does this mean 20's could be optional on the SS? I would say standard 20's on HSV definitely...Awesome!

The interior quality looks really really good and the more I see of the car, the better it gets!
NP:driving: , Strange as it is i love the base interior the most it's so un base like it's great:D.
20" HBD and they will recalibrate the speedo for them:D Does that mean 21" for HSV? Unless 19" HBD SS-V... 18" Standard?