Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Froggz' S15 Silvia Spec R Import.

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
if you can afford the ones with the remote passive rebound, then go for it. otherwise theyre just another end user set of coilovers.

edit* these bad boys:
IMG_5265.JPG

not sure if theyre made for 15, now i could be wrong, but i believe that S15 share the same setup as 34 and 33 on the rear, so you can get these no probs, but the fronts im pretty sure are different (i.e. double wishbone for 34, macpherson for 15)

edit edit* it might just be a case of scoring a set of S15 pillowball tops and sticking them on 34 struts...

Last edited:

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
if you can afford the ones with the remote passive rebound, then go for it. otherwise theyre just another end user set of coilovers.

edit* these bad boys:
IMG_5265.JPG

not sure if theyre made for 15, now i could be wrong, but i believe that S15 share the same setup as 34 and 33 on the rear, so you can get these no probs, but the fronts im pretty sure are different (i.e. double wishbone for 34, macpherson for 15)

edit edit* it might just be a case of scoring a set of S15 pillowball tops and sticking them on 34 struts...

You're correct about the identical rears and the front tops being different, but the fronts also use a clevis.

If you're referring to the external reservoirs there's a few manufacturers who produce units with them (even BC).

Heard rave reviews about some stuff coming out of Australia now like MCA and Shockworks.

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
Heard rave reviews about some stuff coming out of Australia now like MCA and Shockworks.

only reason i would even slightly ponder an Ohlins is cos their remote systems are fully rebuildable. "rave reviews" mean nothing to me if they cant be rebuilt. teins would be kick-arse if you could rebuild the stops in them, but then how would they make any money?

IMO the NUMBER ONE thing you look for in coil-overs is the ability to have them rebuilt. the rest is all just BS wank factor.

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
only reason i would even slightly ponder an Ohlins is cos their remote systems are fully rebuildable. "rave reviews" mean nothing to me if they cant be rebuilt. teins would be kick-arse if you could rebuild the stops in them, but then how would they make any money?

IMO the NUMBER ONE thing you look for in coil-overs is the ability to have them rebuilt. the rest is all just BS wank factor.

But but 36 levels of adjustment....

Froggz

Less talk, More Torque.
Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 S15 Silvia
Wow plenty of info, thanks guys, rebuild-able seems to be the way to go, see how much tax money I can score, pretty sure there is an exhaust leak from near the manifold which is annoying but oh well, will pull the heatsheilds off tomorrow and see if I can see anything.
21st is coming up so hopefully money from that will go towards standard front bar :)

Gave her a quick tub today

frogsta

Perth WA
Reaction score
Members Ride
Focus ST E30
Cool when is your 21st?
We seem pretty similar hah. I'll be 21 on the 1st of March