Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

front ABS sensor

justinx

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve calais
Hi people,appologies if this has been done before but i couldn't find anything.
Got an ABS/stability control warning light on for a month now, when it first came on called NRMA to check it out,old matey scanned it and said its coming from front drivers side so in my wisdom(and slackness i guess) i thought id change the sensor out myself,
Not as straight forward as i thought when i had a look it looks like the sensor is one piece with the hub,
Anyone else had issues with this? is it possible to change or even clean out the sensor without swapping the whole hub out? could it be a warped rotor or thin pads maybe causing the fault?
Thanks in advance everyone, hoping its a simpler solution than it looks.

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
Replace both hubs, I just did mine while I did the front suspension, both hubs cost me $120 delivered, as the hubs will get noisy at approx $160k/s anyway.
3 x 8mm Allen bolts each side hold them on the steering knuckle, just have to make sure you tension the bolts back up to 100n/m,
Plug the abs sensor back in, reset the fault code, and that will fix the issue,
I can give you the name of my supplier, that are in Geelong, they have quick delivery for there items. Will use them again if the need arises.