Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Front badge removal etc etc

Jpw23456

Reaction score
Members Ride
Na
Hey guys, looking into plastic dipping my badges on my silver ssv , just wondering how to remove the front badge so I can do this?

Also thinking of doing window molds anyone know how to remove these?

Thanks in advance, by the way this forum is awesome thanks to all for contributing, us with little knowledge appreciate it.

matt202

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VF SV6 MY14 Commodore
Plasti dipping*

I just did mine on the car, just mask off the area around the badge and spary 3 to 4 coats and on the last coat peal off your masking tape and it will create a stright edge and then let it dry and peal off the overspray around the badge!

I Can't help you with the door molds though cause I have an sv6 and there already black

matt202

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VF SV6 MY14 Commodore
No worries!

ps. peal off the masking straight after doing the last coat while its still wet, that's how you get the straight edge

Jpw23456

Reaction score
Members Ride
Na
i also purchsed the clear coat as i am intending on doing my wheels , hopefully can attack this on the weekend

Speed Dealer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 ute
I just did mine on the car. Clean the badge well and then use masking tape and newspaper to cover the surrounding area. First coat should be a light dusting to give subsequent coats something to stick to. Then spray another 3-4 heavier coats.