Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Front brake pad recommendations

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Contacted one place today in Sunshine and quoted me $250 trade price for the yellow stuff. Is that the average price of these pads?

Seems a lot, I bought QFM street & track pads which would be as good as EBC Yellow and they were around $100 a set. I'd call Brakes Direct and see what they can supply in an equivalent pad.

Reactions: Lex

johnni

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Commodore
Seems a lot, I bought QFM street & track pads which would be as good as EBC Yellow and they were around $100 a set. I'd call Brakes Direct and see what they can supply in an equivalent pad.
I have contacted Brakes Direct and they recommended me two options, the Forza FP3 pads for $179.00 which is the best street pad they have or the DBA Street performance pads for $111.00 which is slightly cheaper.

Currently sparebox have a special and the the DBA SP pad are $88 so now its a matter of deciding which pads to go with

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
V6 or V8 ???

Front 1765 ! (based on your front rotor diameter)
Rears 1766 !

All depends upon the compound you wish to purchase !!!

At end of the day,
are you driving around the streets,
or are you drag racing,

Its not hard decision
Its not rocket science !!!

Last edited:

Shen Long

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Caprice 5.7L
I have contacted Brakes Direct and they recommended me two options, the Forza FP3 pads for $179.00 which is the best street pad they have or the DBA Street performance pads for $111.00 which is slightly cheaper.

Currently sparebox have a special and the the DBA SP pad are $88 so now its a matter of deciding which pads to go with
EBC are a little more expensive mate…

I don’t know if I would compare them with QFM or others

Shen Long

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Caprice 5.7L

stick3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sedan vs ute gsx1400
i think its how much you want to spend im happy to pay 80-90 bucks for set of pads, both cars have rda extreme front and rears and the vs ute i fitted ve brake upgrade on the front and have a look at the anti rattle shims they fit in the caliper

both cars stop just got to be care full with the ute has no abs so its easy to lock up the fronts

shims there dear now 15 buck a pair (2 per caliper) the rears use them too eight here and rubber fits over the slide pins
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/224946669084?hash=item345fddc61c:g:Jd4AAOSwj6ViIVbk or you could try repco

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
EBC are a little more expensive mate…

I don’t know if I would compare them with QFM or others
I can vouch for QFM. Brakes Direct recommended them and they were probably the best pads I have used. Well the best pads I have used in utes. Brakes Direct are one of the most knowledgeable brake place going. I trust their proven advice.
I think you'll find EBC are a bit operated for the price. I've had them before in my old Jeep and I was keen to swap them out for something better. I was told by the bloke who sells them they were the bees knees. I don't think they as good as they claim. That's just my opinion and opinions are like arseholes.

Last edited:

Shen Long

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Caprice 5.7L

Shen Long

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Caprice 5.7L
i contacted richmond brake and clutch and they hooked me up with some EBC red stuff pads and some rotors which im happy with there prices :)
Good choice & decision johnni