Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

front bumpstops

Adds_05

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.7L
Hi,im replacing the front suspension in the ss and have these bumpstops to go in but they seem different to the standard bumpstops.
what im wondering is do they seem like they would work properly? i was told when i got them that they were for a vr but they are a different size and shape?
the one on the right is the new one
28122010295.jpg

the standard one seems to flare out a bit and actually hold onto the top part of where the spring sits. also the bearing in the strut top seems to actually sit on the bumpstop
28122010306.jpg

the new one seems to just fall through
28122010305.jpg

28122010302.jpg

28122010303.jpg

28122010304.jpg

im just trying to find out because i dont want to put them if they end up stuffing the bearings or something or wont it matter?

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Just from looking at the gregorys workshop manual, the red old one in the pic looks like the top mounting,not the bump stop,the yellow one looks like the bump stop which actually goes under the mounting.I cant remember exactly,its been ages since i did mine ,but from the pics in the gregorys ,they are 2 different parts by the look of it.

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Just from looking at the gregorys workshop manual, the red old one in the pic looks like the top mounting,not the bump stop,the yellow one looks like the bump stop which actually goes under the mounting.I cant remember exactly,its been ages since i did mine ,but from the pics in the gregorys ,they are 2 different parts by the look of it.

35bxxqh.jpg

Adds_05

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.7L
thanks for your help,i think ive worked it out now. the mounting your talking about in the pic is the black rubber strut top mount that houses the bearing

glenn l

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve sv6
apart from height and shape they both do the same job, the new one you have pictured looks like a king bump stop that comes with the monroe gtsport struts.

Adds_05

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.7L
i hope they do the same thing as i put the bastards in today lol, as long as they dont cause anything to stuff up then ill be stoked