Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Front bushes

SaGe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS II S-PAK Manual
Im changing my front bushes.
if anyone that has done it before can give my some tips and advice on how they did it, it would be great

thanx

DaPlaya

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VS Series II
Are you changing all of them?

I suggest taking it into a suspension shop as i'm pretty sure all the bushes in the front end are 'pressed' in. So if you want to do it yourself you will need to rig up a mechanism (such as G clamp and apropriate odds and ends) to press them out and in or get appropriate special tools.

if you were doing the backend there is more that you can do without pressing tools, for instance the Upper control arms (as you can get swap the arms with ones that have bushes pre-pressed), Panhard Rod, sway bar bushes. however if your doing front end control arms, radious rods etc. then you'll need to use special/rigged up tools.

Any more questions just shoot, i've done this not long ago.

SaGe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS II S-PAK Manual
yea i was just thinking maybe ill take em out and give them a shop to press it out for me then ill refit the parts myself, but im not quite sure yet, i wanna plan it out throughly before i start unbolting things

oh btw its just the front bushes im changing ive already done the rear