Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

front compartment???????

kirstigirl81

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt 98 acclaim sedan
hi, i just bought a vt and was wondering if the little compartment at the front, right in fron of the gear stick actually opens? it seems like it clicks a little when i press on it, its the bigger one right above the opening where you can put your phone and change and **** like that. i know its only minorbut dont wanna pull on it if it doesnt open
thanks heap

Hot-Rod

SuPaFlY -LiV3 Surviv3 Di3
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VX Commodore Series 2
You need to get the door open to replace the clip. Search the forum for how to replace clip as it's on here somewhere.

MR_VX

Forced to be Fast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S pac SII Raptorcharged
its esay to do. once you get the gear stick suround off theres 2 screw, undo them and you should see how to do the rest

kirstigirl81

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt 98 acclaim sedan
awsome thanks heaps, ill try giving it a little extra pull and see how i go. now i know its meant to open i wont be so gentle :)

kart_racer

Races karts
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim 5M
Maybe someone got sick of the latch being broken and glued the door shut... don't pull too hard! :p

kaishiz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S pac Manual.
i got sick of it.... but i got velcro and glue... and now it opens and closese...

kizza_VL

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx s pac
once you get it open there is a little pin type thing on the bottom left you pull that to the right then on the right there is another pin but it's connected to a box just jiggle that one arround a bit until it comes off then you see were the clip is, remove and replace with new one or I suggest replace the whole door and box with a vt one as I think there more reliable.

Ozzie

JCCC Warrnambool
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ozzie'z Supercharged VY Calais
You do not need to open the door on it to remove the clip!
You will need to remove the two screws holding it in and once you remove the compartment you will be able to see the sprocket.
You can then slide the door off the sprocket and remove it that way.
Inspect it before you remove the door, might be a broken tooth or the spring has come out.