Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

front disc rotors/left right same?

gav555666

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs series 2 HBD limited edition 035
:idea3:hi
ive got a vs and im wondering if the front left and right standard discs are the same(not left or right biased?)
ive got a scrap car for parts and need the front left disc for my beast,but cant get the front left wheel off the parts car as the wheel nuts were done up too tight on the alloys and the standard nuts are too soft and all rounded.
any feedback is appreciated
thanks
gav

gav555666

Reaction score
Members Ride
thanks bud!
im off to the shed

cander24

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ GTO. VS LS1.
so long as they're standard and not slotted etc, then yes they're symmetrical and there's no specific left or right

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
If you were fitting brand new ones i'd say yes but if they are old ones it shouldn't make much difference

gav555666

Reaction score
Members Ride
sweet ,yeah they old but better than the ones i got now..couldnt get the wheels off anyway they must of been done up with a rattle`gun and the nuts are dug into the alloy rims and are rounded of more now,gunna have to borrow a blow torch or a bigger grinder i think

Hangman

Aspiring Sociopath
Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Land Yacht
If you were fitting brand new ones i'd say yes but if they are old ones it shouldn't make much difference

Yeah, whilst I agree with you, I wouldn't use 2nd hand rotors anyway. I'd either machine the ones I have, depending on thickness, or replace with new ones.

Brakes aren't something I'd skimp on.