Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Front end shudder at speed

Pretender

Brain function fading .
Reaction score
Members Ride
Pajero LWB Wagon, Power/economy what's that ???
Hi all
I have a strange problem (well I think it is). When driving my car sedately I get a bad shudder in the front wheels, which vibrates the steering wheel severely, between 95 and 105Km/h. Nothing strange in that, just wheel balance etc
The strange part is if I accelerate strongly to this speed I do not get any shudder at all if I then sit at this speed.
Any ideas? I am getting an alignment (as best they can do) and the wheels balanced in three weeks.

Cheers

spacattack

THE ENFORCER!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Custom VN
checked ya sway bar lately? or bearing i know they can do some pretty freaky stuff

jack.mc

Nothing witty to say :(
Reaction score
Website
www.jacks-lounge.com
Members Ride
VN Vacationer
i'd say the wheel alignment will fix it, I had the same problem my S1VN - i had the toe-in of a circuit racer, the guy was amazed! Had some chronic tire wear too...

=Calais v8=

Holden Tech Apprentice
Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII 5.0L Calais, 13b ae71
i think i have the same problem, PLUS i am pretty sure my brakes a warped too. when i am driving at around 100kph my sterring wheel vibrates, and then when i brake to come off an off ramp for example, it vibrates harder. THEN when i am just about to stop it doesnt stop smoothly, it feels like the brakes are only gripping half of the disc, so when the wheel turns halfway it grips and i slow down, but then the other half of the disc there is no grip at all so i roll. feels like somebody is pressing the brake on and off. if that makes sense.

Pretender, how much are you paying for a wheel alignment and wheel balance?

cheers

Pretender

Brain function fading .
Reaction score
Members Ride
I'll find out tomorrow and post it today. Started this reply at 11.59 - 12.00 when finished. Just so you don't think I'm a lunatic.

Pretender

Brain function fading .
Reaction score
Members Ride
Didn't find out today, will post on Saturday.