Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Front fascia buttons repair or replacement on 09 Ve sv6

Fili

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve sv6
I've been trying to find out how to go about repairing my front fascia buttons . I tried to do it myself ended up stuffing the buttons on it cause my aircon button wasn't working. Went to get a different fascia from wreckers and they said I'd have to change the whole thing.no idea where to start forgot to ask them for more info. Any help would be great thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0840.JPG
    IMG_0840.JPG
    114.8 KB · Views: 202

vywgn

Reaction score
Members Ride
1967 Holden HR Premier Wagon / 2015 VFII SV6 Sedan
Wrecker is full of it get the fascia and swap it, it's only the main unit that's the issue as it's vin coded

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
You can't easily fix the buttons unless you are an electrical enthusiast.
I tried on a series 2 facia. It comes apart ok but the AC buttons didn't just come off. Some knobs did. Not all.
For the buttons, you have to unscrew the back of the facia and carefully dismantle the facia. Take photos as you go. Give the parts a clean with Isopropyl Alcohol or contact cleaner. Reassemble using the photos you took.

To be honest, I would get another facia from a different wrecker. They might be reluctant to sell a facia without the headunit, maybe thats why they said you need the whole thing.

The facias are not linked to the car as mentioned, you can just swap them.

timd29

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V S1 International 6.0
Is that only for series 2? In my s1 calais when I swapped facia it still had security lockout and had to be linked, didn't need VIN but did need a re-program to link it to system.

Fili

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve sv6
Wrecker is full of it get the fascia and swap it, it's only the main unit that's the issue as it's vin coded
Cheers man I'll go to another wreckers and see if I could get one

Fili

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve sv6
I tried on a series 2 facia. It comes apart ok but the AC buttons didn't just come off. Some knobs did. Not all.
For the buttons, you have to unscrew the back of the facia and carefully dismantle the facia. Take photos as you go. Give the parts a clean with Isopropyl Alcohol or contact cleaner. Reassemble using the photos you took.

To be honest, I would get another facia from a different wrecker. They might be reluctant to sell a facia without the headunit, maybe thats why they said you need the whole thing.

Ye

Yeah I kinda unscrewed the back and pulled off not as gently as I should of but cheers man I'll try another wreckers and see if I could get one

Fili

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve sv6
Finally got a front fascia without the head unit. But they only had one and it was a omega ve ‍♂️