Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Front Guard removal

M

Morin

Hi, how do you remove the front guards of the VY Commodore. The manual that I have says that you remove a few screws that are in the tire well. It doesn't say where the screws are, or how to get to them. If there's anyone who has done this before could you please help :hit:

D

darktele

if u are as stuiped as me and let my mum drive my car its easy./..
Drive a lowered VY to a curb and drive into it, once ur ontop of it reverse and there its half off.. :ranting:

other wise i have no help =[

vaertigo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYIISS6m
heh good post

my guards scrape like nothing else while going over speedhumps and out of the driveway.. and yes, this is at ultra low speed.

I was thinking of taking them off, but wondering if they are also connected to some other parts of the chas... I might have a but of a peruse tomorrow

Jeffro74

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wanna bee SS
yous must have shitty offset wheels to scrape.

I have my vy lowered 40 mm and 19s on it,sits real low and dont scrape anywhere :)

HSVKEV260R8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY1 HSV Clubsport R8 M6
Morin said:
Hi, how do you remove the front guards of the VY Commodore. The manual that I have says that you remove a few screws that are in the tire well. It doesn't say where the screws are, or how to get to them. If there's anyone who has done this before could you please help :hit:
The screws they refer to hold the inner guard plastic on and are arounde the wheel arch, there should also be a bolt under the side skirt that will need to be removed, this of course will involve removing the side skirt. this is done by a series of screws under the sirt and at each end. After that it's just the bolts under the bonnet and behind the bumper.

GM64

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK & VS
Hi I have a 1995 VS Lexen wagon & I need to replace my left guard due to hitting a roo, some advice or tips would be gratefully appreciated. Also are the Lexen guards the same size as the VS Commodore as I was told they were longer like the VS Statesman.