Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

front mount on a vn

canb_vn06

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl calais turbs vr 3.8
hey guys probably the most stupid question ive asked on here but is it possible to switch your radiator for a frount mount intercooler not necessarily for looks but whether it would work better or not???

brohawk

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais
firstly y? secondly a front mount is for cooling air not fluid and if you did how would u fill it up intercoolers are sealed air tight. why dont you just get a bigger stock one or get a custom one from micks metal craft etc. there would be plenty of places that would do it any fabricators really

canb_vn06

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl calais turbs vr 3.8
yea i dunno why i would want to do it i just heard today that it could be done and didnt think it sounded to right thats all

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
firstly, he said why, he wanted to know if it would work better, "but whether it would work better or not???" read the post thoroughly.

and now he knows why, its a genuine question, as some people dont know the difference apart from the way they look.

brohawk

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais
its probs a custom job they flip up upside down cut a hole for a filler cap and mount it in factory pos. i would think that you would need to flip it the downside of them is most have both pipes at 1 end eg inlet is bottom right wen lookin front on and out let is bottom left. you could reverse one tank so outlet in at top inlet is bottom or vice verca