Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Front pwr windows only, but want rear pwr windows.

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 GTS BUILD NO# 007, GQ Patrol.
I have a VP Berlina wagon and it has front power windows only, so i want to put the rear power windows in and I've found a conversion on the how to section but my questions are as followed
1 - Do i have the plug near the rear door so i can plug my new rear window loom straight in?
2 - Will my front power window only module work for the so to be installed rear power windows?
3 - Do i have the plugs under my console or will i have to replace the whole front power window only loom for a full power window loom?
Thanks for any help.:bow:

Leebo

Reaction score
Members Ride
89 VN
I have never done this be4 but the door will be ready for power window i think u will see a rubber grommet to feed the wires though and the button. I's imagine u will need the power window regulators to fit plus wiring to bring up the the center console.

hope this helps bud but am not 100% sure

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 GTS BUILD NO# 007, GQ Patrol.
Any other thoughts?

Any other thoughts?:bow:

Leebo

Reaction score
Members Ride
89 VN
the wagon rear doors are different to the sedan doors (longer) same as statesman though. I'm guessing cos yours is a wagon it's not Calais so you will have the standard center console unlike the Calais which has the power windows buttons in the center.

you will need to get the power window regulators and maybe new channels from a wreckers/Ebay,

you maybe even have to get all the trims to match if u r fussy.
and maybe alsoa switch from say a berlina that goes in your door handle.

However I'm not %100 sure about this your local wreckers may not and give u a quote.
this could cost you a few hundred

cheers dude