Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

front right tyre scrubbing

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
I'd be going to a suspension place.....Having 1 tyre wear reguarly isn't normal

like a quack always get a second opnion.

if you have them Fulcrum are my go to.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
No we don't have Fulcrum. Mostly we have tyre places that do suspension repairs. We do have Pedders.

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Firstly you tell me to stick to suspension stuff, which I thought this was, now this....Make up your mind

Oh and I did a compression test on an engine yesterday.....Came back as 150's on all 6 cyls and the oil is clean as and unburnt
Want a medal.. What was the oil pressure reading, your have merit pmsl. Ok so unless your name isn't VC then you have no merit, you jump in and post what has already been mentioned then accuse people they don't have a clue, oh by the way the right turns was meant to be funny, loosing your nickers bloke.

Just been back to My Car and he said everything is ok and its normal wear. While the wear is not bad it is still wearing more than the other side front. He reckons there aren't worn components coming into play. I need to find a suspension place to know for sure.
Like I said its normal for a little feathering on Commodores I haven't yet seen one without a bit of side wall wear. If your not happy then do as was said replace the lower control arm see if that makes any improvements. How's the front radius rod bush maybe its a little soft and worn pushing the wheel back and forward.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
For now I have decided to leave it, I have an early booking for a shift enhancement kit, so will need close to $500 to have one fitted and only have three weeks to save up. I was expecting it to take three months to get in to the trans tech and not three weeks. I might just have the rear left thrown the front right. Kmart wasn't keen to do it though. I might speak to the boss as he won't care, it's all money to him. Failing that I will see Bob Jane they will have no problem swapping it over.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY

Like I said its normal for a little feathering on Commodores I haven't yet seen one without a bit of side wall wear. .

So how many Commodores do you align in a week?

How many Commodores do you do tyre work in a week?

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Want a medal.. What was the oil pressure reading, your have merit pmsl. Ok so unless your name isn't VC then you have no merit, you jump in and post what has already been mentioned then accuse people they don't have a clue, oh by the way the right turns was meant to be funny, loosing your nickers bloke.

Oh oil Pressure was 40 PSi hot pressure....Good enough or crap Mr Google expert?

Alot of posters other than you all made very good suggestions....All of yours were straw clutching, as pointed out...The problem is, you're the only 1 than can't see the straw clutching...

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Fair enough. For now though I will need to have the rear left stripped and fitted to the right front before it gets much worse. I need to accrue some more leave before I take a day off to go to the truck place mentioned earlier.

Are you able to swap rims front to rear? Might help extend the life of the 2 tyres that have slight edge wear. Only downfall with this is you might end up with a little vibration at 60+ KPH due to it not being balanced.

If my memory serves me correctly, you are running KU22's, so flipping the tyres on the rim won't be adviseable, as they are assemetrical....If they aren't assemetrical, getting the 2 tyres with edge wear flipped on the rims should help extend the life of those 2 tyres as well.

So a couple of suggestions for you when time permits

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Thanks VC yeah tyres are directional KU22s. Need to have them stripped and fitted, which is the new plan. Probably now worry about front end repairs when I'm due for new tyres.

Vin999

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSedanS
Just been back to My Car and he said everything is ok and its normal wear. While the wear is not bad it is still wearing more than the other side front. He reckons there aren't worn components coming into play. I need to find a suspension place to know for sure.

That doesn't sound right, normal not bad wear and no worn components and yet you have wear only on 1 side .. somethiing smells fishy....

Reading your other posts you mentioned you got new bushes for the front of car ... did you replace the top strut bushes and caster rod bushes ?? ... you said the car had a knock on the front, you replaced 1 TRE, you have another TRE to replace and then you mention the mechanic 1 minute said you need to change worn components and then later you said the wheel alignment is all good and had a safety check and mechanic said all good, plus you traveled to sa and back, swapped the front worn edge tyre to the rear and now you have the same side wearing the edge out and want suggestions and now mycar says all is good ?????

Also have you considered... you changed rear springs/shocks and you said that the fronts need it done considering you drive a lot on bad winding dirt forest roads.

Call me wrong but most places when they do an alignment check the caster n camber components to see if ok so they can do the alignment ?????? Also it seems you spend a lot of money on twice yearly useless wheel alignments and your tyre is wearing, and qualified mechanics at different places say nothing wrong, I wonder what doesn't sound right here.

If it was me I would not spend money $500 on a useless shift kit if you KNOW the car needs important repairs.

Status
Not open for further replies.