Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Front splits

jaisvz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VZ SV6
Hey all,

Just bought a set of Soundstream TRC.6N components to replace my struggling Pioneer TSC160R's in the front doors of my VZ.

Anyone used these before?

I have sound deadened the doors using Stinger roadkill and made mdf speaker pods.

Any other things i should do while i am in there installing the new woofers?

Will only be powering them off a Pioneer 60x2 amp so will not be getting full potential at first, but i will upgrade amp later.

Last edited:

bezz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK
try sealing up the service holes in the doors with some mdf. Seal the mdf first with paint or something so that it is waterproof. Should really tighten up your mids.

jaisvz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VZ SV6
yeah i thought about that, wish i had of done it before the roadkill went on
i imagine it could be messy taking it off.

bezz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK
Shouldnt have to take it all off, just cut out the sections with a stanley knife.

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
Hey all,

Just bought a set of Soundstream TRC.6N components to replace my struggling Pioneer TSC160R's in the front doors of my VZ.

Anyone used these before?

I have sound deadened the doors using Stinger roadkill and made mdf speaker pods.

Any other things i should do while i am in there installing the new woofers?

Will only be powering them off a Pioneer 60x2 amp so will not be getting full potential at first, but i will upgrade amp later.

They're the old Tarantula components, they're a great speaker. They'll take a hell of a beating, and get very very loud.

jaisvz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VZ SV6
Has anyone ever seen the size of the magnet of these woofers?.... F*** me! HUGE.
Has a very hard time installing them into the doors. Quite possible the hardest speakers I've ever installed.
made 16mm MDF spacers... then made them double, then triple.
Then the damn door trims wouldn't fit on, so shaved an angle on the third MDF plate a much as possible
to still allow clearance behind.
Still couldn't get the door trims on properly, had to use a bit of force and longer screws around the woofer to get it to hold down far enough.

Anyone else installed these on doors before. (Under door trim)

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
Im with Bezz, do your best to completely seal everything up, so there's no chance of any air escaping. There a great speaker to, i'm a big Soundstream fan, i've never heard a product from them that fell below my expectations of it, given it's price range. Not everyones chioce as far as SQ goes, but if you like your music loud, they will do the job well...

jaisvz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VZ SV6
well after some vigorous testing, these components are very pleasing for the price! (payed $240)
very loud and very clear sound, cant wait to deliver some more wattage into them. (currently 60rms into each)