Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Front Strut advice

gleno767

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive S2
Hi Guys
I have a vp series 2 with abs and FE2 suspension with larger disc rotors (ex cop car ) that has just been smashed by the missus. What i would like to know is i have a vp series 1 wagon STANDARD, would the front struts fit into the wagon and would there be a problem as the wagon isnt abs. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Regards gleno767

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
If you're moving the struts into the WAGON, they'll go straight in. You'll have to re-use the old wagon brake discs.

Clutchy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz wagon
VP with abs well there ya go I thought it was first in the vs and struts are the same.

VQ-Assault

Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 VQII Statesman
depends on the rotors- check vin number and brake part catalogues. VP rotors for abs can sometimes correspond to normal rotors. the sizing changed in 1992 for VP V6 rotors

gleno767

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive S2
Hi Guys
Thanks for the advice and yes the old girl does have abs, limited slip diff and was a great car i had for 14 years before the accident. Nothing like an ex chaser loved and drove it to death, gonna miss it.
Thanks