Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Front Strut Bolts

Phil257

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 5.0 Calais
Howdy,

Do any of you guys know the size of the bolts holding the front struts. There are a pair at the bottom of the strut and need to be replaced if the strut is pulled.

Planning on replacing the bearings at the top of the strut on the weekend and need to pick some replacement bolts up.

Hopefully this stops the squeeling noises.

Cheers,

Phil

kart_racer

Races karts
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim 5M
Not sure on that one...why not just call up spare parts at your nearest dealer?

You may not even need to remove them to get the top bushes/bearings out and in. There was a tutorial on how to do this on the Australian LS1 and Holden Forums I believe.

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina Wagon Supercharged
Howdy,

Do any of you guys know the size of the bolts holding the front struts. There are a pair at the bottom of the strut and need to be replaced if the strut is pulled.

Planning on replacing the bearings at the top of the strut on the weekend and need to pick some replacement bolts up.

Hopefully this stops the squeeling noises.

Cheers,

Phil

From memory its a 19mm bolt with a 22mm or 24mm nut

Phil257

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 5.0 Calais
Cheers for that, I'll try and do it without removing the lower bolts if it looks easier.

jas98

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore V6 S2 and a BA XR6T
they say to replace them but i never did and i took them off heapos of times due to faulty struts/bearings etc.....and now i have to again cause of a brand new strut that is faulty and causeing killer knocking noises lol