Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Front strut tower cracked?

DanVN

Cruizin' in style!
Reaction score
Members Ride
01 WH Statesman International 5.7L
Not as bad as it sounds, the back can be jacked up with the statesmans auto level to stock height when i need to :)

EDIT: im an idiot 11cm :p

fitz_vt

Pass Me A Wrench.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore SII Olympic Edition
well the police officer that tested my car for height told me to roll over the a full coke can. lol. he must of been wrong.
but it could be jacked up with the statesman Auto level to stock height when you need it too lol.

Burkey86

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
I bought a VT back in Jan drove it for 3 weeks and found massive cracks in both struts.
It is a common problem in the VT and VX's it was corrected after that. It went back to the car yard and they repaired it after alot of arguing....its just under 6 grand to fix cracked strut towers cause they have to level the car again and then bog it with whatever they use...EXPENSIVE DAMAGE HUH!
Its not structual its a cosmetic fault in the car. They are not welded as apparently it stops the airbags from going of. You can't claim it on insurance either as it classed as "wear and tear". Basically in a lowered vt a pot hole can do it..and if its a v8 the power can do it as well!
So if you repair (6 GRAND!) deffinately a strut brace to minimise the chance of doing it again but it can still happen....in other words they are a problem car!