Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Front wheel bearing different

calais_cruzin

Calais_Rattling....
Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais 3.8
Hey all

Got some bearings for front, any way they are different to what already in there.

Orig are a single tapered roller bearing, these new onse i got have 2x bearings a big n a small with a new seal.

Havnt tried to fit them as they are obviously different.

Anyone used em? got mine from global auto spares n they do not have a listing for the same as i have in there atm

Can get a link if u need to see what they are like, run of the mill ebay onse look the same.

Big-Al

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 5.7 M6
If theyre obviously different they must obviously be wrong.
Always good to invest in a decent service manual, saves loads of this type of query.

calais_cruzin

Calais_Rattling....
Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais 3.8
i can see the same onse on ebay so they must fit, just a different type of bearing, guess ill just have to give it a crack see how they fit.
Ive got service munuals but when u cant get the same part in spares shops u ask here to check what the go is

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
These tapered front wheel bearings always used in pairs on these cars, Ive never seen a single type of wheel bearing used on the front, so I checked both the VN and VP workshop manuals, and they both definitley show that the front wheel bearings are used in pairs and are 2 different sizes, the inner one is the larger one and the smaller one goes to the outside , the new grease seal goes on first behind the large inner bearing.. Id have a closer look at the stub axle and hub if I were you as the other bearing is probably still stuck in/on there somewhere.

calais_cruzin

Calais_Rattling....
Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais 3.8
well from memory when i did rotors last the inner bearing was alot bigger than these, will find out how it goes tomorrow

calais_cruzin

Calais_Rattling....
Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais 3.8
think ive figured out why it looks wrong, the races are on new bearings, olds are just the roller bearing im lookin at