Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Front wheel is out of wack

Andrew Russell

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 Holden commodore omega
The problem I have is I went down a Ditch and the it bent the front right hand side strut and bent the rear left lower control arm and I've since replaced both front struts and the front left wheel is to close to the front bumper but the right side is fine was wondering if anyone knows why

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
You've likely also bent the left castor rod. Be better off replacing both of them anyway as the ball joints aren't really serviceable.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
You've likely also bent the left castor rod. Be better off replacing both of them anyway as the ball joints aren't really serviceable.

Caster rod is seperate from the balljoints....But I agree, the caster rod or Z-bar as it is known as will be the culprit

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
Ve doesnt have z bar, if it is out only about 10mm check your alignment, if neutral castor it will be level forward and back
alot of the alignment mobs have front left wheel castor to suit the camber of the roads with the left front slightly forward

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Caster rod is seperate from the balljoints....But I agree, the caster rod or Z-bar as it is known as will be the culprit

As above, VE/VF don't have Z-bars and are totally different to the previous gen Commos, has a castor rod setup similar to a Silvia/Skyline but attaches directly to the knuckle with a ball joint. Also be a good opportunity to put castor plates in too.

SPF-TRC1001_large.jpg

Last edited: