Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Front wheels locking up

jakewaze

Jakewaze
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Spack S1 Auto
Hi
My S1 VN V6 lock up pretty easier and seems a bit dangerous. Its hard to explain but i only have to brake firmly and the front wheels lock up(not the back). Comparing to my mums VS it would struggle to slow down in an emergency, not because of sloppy breaks but because of no grip. Its not long been serviced and I was told all my brakes are good. Also it has done this with 17x235 tyres and 15x205's all with good tread.
Sorry its so long but just wanted to know if its fixable. Also front suspension is ok.
cheers

camstatic

I'm back babeh.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
Sounds to me like your rear brakes aren't working properly/ceased, get 'em checked. :)

To check yourself, put the rear axle on jackstands (safely) so the wheels are off the ground, wind up to about 60kmh, and then brake progressively to check the operation of the rears.

jakewaze

Jakewaze
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Spack S1 Auto
nah, just serviced and was tolds brakes r fine, so maybe its just the car or something

camstatic

I'm back babeh.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
If you took your car into a workshop because it was on fire, and they told you it wasn't on fire, would you believe them?

They probably just checked pad thickness and disc wear.

centy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vp series 2
check brake operation yourself.
also look at how much wear you have on the front rotors.
a little wear on pads and rotors can add up to little braking power, combined with seized back calipers and you will never stop.

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
it happens, mine locked up on me when i had to break hard when someone decided theyd merge without looking. both fronts locked, happens if u brake hard without ABS

jakewaze

Jakewaze
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Spack S1 Auto
cheers, i will try lifting the back end up this week and if the rear brakes appear ok it could just be braking too sudden or somethin