Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

front window squeaking

LowVtWagon

LowVtWagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VT Acclaim Wagon
Hey guys, just after some info!! My wife and i bought a vt wagon middle of last year and ever since we bought it, when the front drivers window is up all the way, it squeaks all the time and it gets frustrating but when you lower the window (power windows) down a little bit, the noise stops. any info would be great. has anyone else experienced this problem before??? thanks heaps

Ozzie

JCCC Warrnambool
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ozzie'z Supercharged VY Calais
Sounds like the runners are worn.

The runners are the (i think plastic) strips the actual glass sits in.

Have a real close listen for where its comming from when your driving.

holdenvtman1123

Improvise Adapt Overcome
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com.au
Members Ride
VZ Adventra LX6 2006 3.6L
Adjustment Of Window Stop VT --- The Following procedure should be used whenever adjustment of the window stop is required. Adjustment maybe required when trying to rectify wind noise or water leaks. Adjustment may also help in reducing creak/rattle noises that are generated between the door seal and the door frame opening moulding. 1~ lower window 150mm 2~ Loosen the window-stop lock-screw with an allen key and slide stop downwards 20mm NOTE: Access to the lock screw is through a cutout in the door frame seal. On early production vehicles, access to the lock screw is gained by rolling back the seal. 3~ Tighten the lock screw just enough to hold the stop in position. 4~ Wind the window up until the top edge of glass just begins to preload the weatherstrip. Winding the window up also lifts the window stop into position. 5~ Use the Allen key to tighten the window stop in its newly adjusted position.

LowVtWagon

LowVtWagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VT Acclaim Wagon
Adjustment Of Window Stop VT --- The Following procedure should be used whenever adjustment of the window stop is required. Adjustment maybe required when trying to rectify wind noise or water leaks. Adjustment may also help in reducing creak/rattle noises that are generated between the door seal and the door frame opening moulding. 1~ lower window 150mm 2~ Loosen the window-stop lock-screw with an allen key and slide stop downwards 20mm NOTE: Access to the lock screw is through a cutout in the door frame seal. On early production vehicles, access to the lock screw is gained by rolling back the seal. 3~ Tighten the lock screw just enough to hold the stop in position. 4~ Wind the window up until the top edge of glass just begins to preload the weatherstrip. Winding the window up also lifts the window stop into position. 5~ Use the Allen key to tighten the window stop in its newly adjusted position.

G'day mate, im guessing u've had this problem before!!! is it a regular occurance? it gets so frustrating when driving and all you can hear is the window!! what does window stop lock actually do to help fix this issue??

greekplaya

Wog On Wheels
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S2 Olympic Ediiton
looks like this might solve mine problem as well driver's side never seems to want to go completely up without having to hold the button up for a while until it finally squeaks into position

LowVtWagon

LowVtWagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VT Acclaim Wagon
looks like this might solve mine problem as well driver's side never seems to want to go completely up without having to hold the button up for a while until it finally squeaks into position

mine seems to do that as well!! seems to take more grunt to close the window fully!!!

holdenvtman1123

Improvise Adapt Overcome
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com.au
Members Ride
VZ Adventra LX6 2006 3.6L
this procedure makes the window go up more and seat in more firmly, stopping squeaks and that water leak.