Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

front window switch power issue

Darkk_Calais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais Supercharged V6
i pulled my front window switch out the other day to change the LEDs in the switches as the old ones hadnt worked since i bought it, before removing the LEDs i thought i should test them just to make sure there blown so i tested them one by one with a 12v battery and they all worked but 1 (rear drivers switch),
So why dont they work when pluged into the car? I tested the power coming from the car and its all fine,

Anyone know why this would be? Could it be just because one is blown they all stop working or am i missing something???

fitz_vt

Pass Me A Wrench.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore SII Olympic Edition
i pulled my front window switch out the other day to change the LEDs in the switches as the old ones hadnt worked since i bought it, before removing the LEDs i thought i should test them just to make sure there blown so i tested them one by one with a 12v battery and they all worked but 1 (rear drivers switch),
So why dont they work when pluged into the car? I tested the power coming from the car and its all fine,

Anyone know why this would be? Could it be just because one is blown they all stop working or am i missing something???

I'm fairly sure the power windows switch lights are connected in what they call a series circuit like one connects to the power then the next one connects to the negative of the previous one so therefor if you take one LED out the rest wont work as there wont be any continuity. there wont be any - current or Positive current for LED's try replacing the one LED and see if that works if not then renew all LED's.