Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Front windshield rubber seal

Dozza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 2004
Hi all,

I've just had my front windshield on my 2010 VE replaced due to a crack and have noticed the rubber seal at the bottom appears to be sticking out in places. See the photo below.

I called the company and explained this and was told that this is because the rubber is old and bowed and there is nothing they can do. He said it's a common issue on VE's. He also explained that part is not meant to be glued.

Is this true or is he fobbing me off on a dodgy job? Does anyone else have this issue?

Cheers

CUL2xLP.jpg

glennho

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SS -1977 HX Premier,2012 Hilux 4x4
Mine is similar but it doesn’t leak so I’ve never bothered to fix it, I’ve only replaced the window rubber moulds on either side of the windscreen as they were perished

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
mine same after new windsheld, mine went flat again after a while, did they put new clips on?

vywgn

Reaction score
Members Ride
1967 Holden HR Premier Wagon / 2015 VFII SV6 Sedan
There is still about another cm of windscreen under that so you won't have any leak there. The cowl panel has a channel that sits on the bottom of the glass then the cowl clips into it sometimes a little push will pop it back into place other times it doesn't, you can either remove it and try refitting it or buy a new channel for it. Its very common for this to happen after that cover comes off even on vf

BrettP75

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais S1 6.0Ltr
Mine is similar but it doesn’t leak so I’ve never bothered to fix it, I’ve only replaced the window rubber moulds on either side of the windscreen as they were perished
Same, such a common issue on VE's.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
It will always do this once removed.

Remove the wiper arms.

Fix it by heating it with a heat gun.
Not so much that it melts the surface though!

Sit a weight on it.

Sand bag or bags of potting mix across there.
Should reshape again.

VE_WagonII

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sportswagon
Did the windscreen installer remove the wiper arms and windshield plenum or just pry it up and shove the new windscreen in behind it?
Both myself and @Fu Manchu have tackled removing and replacing the plenum. I broke several clips doing it which may be your issue if the air intake plenum was removed during
the new screen install.