Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

frontend knocking????

lilkel

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 BT1,VR 5.0l statesman
hi all, i've got a 94 vr statesman that has just developed a knock in the front right side of the car, when i jacked it up and took the front wheel off everything under there looks ok except the lower control arm bush u can see where the rubber has perished under the big washer! would this be enough to cause it to knock when i'm driving???? thanks in advance

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Let me know if you find out what it is, mine does the same but I thought if somethings worn out everything will be, so I've booked it in for a suspension rebuild : )

dinodog

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5.0 SS
Hi guys ive got the same with my SS when i trun into my drive and you just hit the keb i get a knock from the drivers side as well could be lower control arms mybe.

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
i had my springs replaced (as they were illegaly cut way to low) bearing and beaing plates replaced, and link pins replaced and its stoped now

hope that helps u :p

ss16

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S3 SS A4
If it knocks when pulling out of the driveways etc it could be swaybar link bushes ?

radius rod bushes, strut top plate bush etc etc.

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
ss16 said:
If it knocks when pulling out of the driveways etc it could be swaybar link bushes ?

radius rod bushes, strut top plate bush etc etc.

yea i had my left hand z bar (radius) bushes and rackboot and link pin and bits of suspension all replaced

Freddy Kruger

Reaction score
Members Ride
'09 VE SS UTE
yeah, sway bar link pins and bushes.

hit a bump, tink tink? mine did it on the passenger side. got that fixed for nothing. then a few weeks later the drivers side fell out... got em both done and except for the fact that the shock are the originals (with 275000kms) its pretty good now.