Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VIC] Fs: Lumpy ecotech cam

kego

Reaction score
Members Ride
custom vk Calais
so if i got this cam,what would i need to do to my ecotech to get it running right.like what needs upgrading ?and what do you think it will set me back ? very interested

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
you need it installed and tune cost would be around 1500 for installation and tune. probably new valve springs and performance or new lifters wouldnt go astray either. Looks like a decent cam

taztassio

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S L67
cam is BRAND NEW never installed.

stock lifters are hydraulic roller, so they will be fine, just setting up the preload on them will be your concern.

i would run MINIMUM 105# valve springs, and you will need either VITON valve seals or MODIFIED retainers to allow for the increased lift (seals are about $30 from states, and retainers are about $70).

this will produce great power, and is probably the biggest you can run on stock heads. i am not going to claim a KW increase as there are so many variables.

also, pushrods will be needed.

on 1.6 rockers you will have 532" lift in/ex. max the heads allow is 520". so modified retainers give you 30" more clearence, and the viton seals give you 20". thus either/or will be under 520" and allow you to run the cam.

also suggested a double row timing chain if you run more than 105".

also, rockers can be sold straight up for a good price, this will give you MORE of a power increase than rockers. as not only is the lift more than 1.95's, the duration is what gets the power. (how long the valves are open).

this is an absolute steal for someone wanting a great cam. the billet+delivery etc add a couple of hundred onto the cost of the grind ($550) and im prepared to wear the cost of that.

With rudds money coming in for most of you, put it to a needy cause, your car :D

taztassio

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S L67
do you have a vid or sound clip of when it was in and what kind of kw increase does this give you?

cheers

check the video.

this will be choppier than that as the vid link is a stage 2 intense, and this is atleast as choppy as the stage 3

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
gotta love a nice choppy idle like in that vid

taztassio

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S L67
yeah its pretty aggressive.

At the stage the cam is SOLD.