Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[SA] FS: VK Wagon project

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
VK WAGZ 5.0L, GQ Patrol TD42
ITEM: Selling my project car, a 1984 VK Wagon....see details below.

YEAR: 1984

SERIES: VK

BADGE: Executive

ENGINE: Comes with no motor or trans, but can include them for extra.

TRANSMISSION: Setup for manual, but doesn't come with gearbox.

COLOUR: White

EXTERIOR CONDITION: Pretty shmicko, paint only 6 months old.

INTERIOR CONDITION: Not much interiour in it.

TYRE CONDITION: Comes on stockies, tread won't be good.

ODOMETER: Can't remember.

SERVICE HISTORY: No.

REGO OF CAR: SA

REGO TILL: Unregistered

PLATES INCLUDED: Yes

RWC: No.

PRICE: $1500

DELIVERY/PICK UP INFORMATION: Pickup from Port Pirie, SA.

PAYMENT OPTIONS: COD.

CONTACT DETAILS: PM me or reply below.

OTHER INFO:
The worst bits...
This project car needs a fair bit of work to be completed. It needs wiring (I've made a custom loom, and altho it works, I've come across a few things which should be changed), or a standard loom could be used. Also needs front, back and side wagon windows put in. All the windows are included, have bought second hand rubbers for the back side windows, the back window goes in with that black gear and have a NOS moulding kit to go around it. Also got a rare spares front window rubber seal. The doors are nearly complete, just need to finish putting the door seals around them, got a set in mint condish, have only fitted one. Got seats for it, but just the stock ones which I pulled out. Carpet also needs replacing. Got a VL dash in it, most bits there, just need to paint it all one colour. The battery is setup in the back, with 3 4gauge power cables running from the back to the front.

The good bits.
Car was resprayed about 6 months ago in K&N acrylic white, the engine bay is done in 2 pack (done the engine bay first, then another painter done the body who hadn't used 2pack). Was a fairly straight body to start with, so not much bodywork needed doing. There's a few minor imperfections, but overall it looks mint. The engine bay is all smoothed out, new front apron was welded on.

All the front suspension and brakes are new, this includes DBA Gold cross drilled and slotted rotors, Bendix pads, wheel bearings, Monroe shockers, lowered King Springs, Nolathane adjustable strut tops, Nolathane bushes replacing all the old rubbers. The kframe, wishbones, radius rods, strut assemblies were all acid bathed then painted. Headlights are new aftermarket ones, new lowered King springs in the back and new Monroe shockies.

Not included, but are for sale if the car goes are.....173 motor with 5spd, spent 3.5k on it (I don't expect to get that much back on it), all new Nolathane bushes to suit the rear, Nolathane adjustable pan hard rod, Nolathane adjustable strut brace, VK borgy diff to suit wagon, 25 spline LSD center to suit borgy, new upper and lower Nolathane trailing arms with bushes included.

Also have heaps of small bits and pieces which I've forgotten, but are for sale...some items will be in the pics.

Only wanna get rid of it coz I've lost interested (for now) and don't have any room for it.

PICTURES: .....not all of them....got more if required.

tailgate_window_moulding.jpg

newmanualboot.jpg

MENTL6_ENGIINE_BAY002640x480.jpg

FINEPIX_2007_1005009Small.jpg

FINEPIX_2007_1005010Small.jpg

MENTL6_SERGES_PAINT_04.jpg

vkwagz_new_headlights_indicators.jpg

DSCF4052640x480.jpg

DSCF4408640x480.jpg

DSCF4280640x480.jpg

DSCF4079640x480.jpg

DSCF4293640x480.jpg

DSCF4076640x480.jpg

PIC_0068.jpg

nolathane-bushes-front.jpg

PIC_0063.jpg

rpm_clutchkit.jpg

FINEPIX_2007_1224002Small.jpg

DSCF4064640x480.jpg

AndyVKSSA

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR caprice 5ltr, VK group 3 rep 5ltr
u selln that white gear stick boot sperate? if so how much u want for it?

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
VK WAGZ 5.0L, GQ Patrol TD42
Nah won't sell nothing seperate until the car goes, if that goes we have nothing to put the bits on except the race car (which obviously doesn't need stuff like a white gear boot lol). But if I sell all the goodies and the car don't sell then I decide to finish it, well I'll have to go spend even more dosh.

I know I shouldn't be selling it and I'll prolly regret it coz of the amount of cash I've spent on it, but it's just sitting out the back doing nothing. It hurts just seeing it like that and I'd love to see someone finish it. Plus I'd really like the room in the backyard lol.