Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

FTP upload help

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
www.wagzhome.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
Hi all, i have some web space at JC being a member. I have never made a web page but i am trying to teach myself slowly. As such i have made a very basic test page i wanted to upload.
The problem i am having is i have found out i need a program to upload the web page to jc. So i downloaded a few programs and they all seem to lock up/not respond ect.. and i have this one now that works but it gets an error everytime i go to upload " Error - 200 port command sucessfull".
I get this error all the times but it did once upload 2 files to my address and still gave me the error, 1 file was the html(try2.html) and the other was a small bmp(vicroads.bmp) for the page. When i went to my page they were listed under a cgi-bin folder and when i clicked the try2 it showed up blank. I have now since found out to call it index.html and so i changed the name and tried to upload it. Now when i bring my page up it is blank and i cant see any files, not even the cgi-bin folder.
I was told all my files on jc that i have uploaded should also show up in the ftp program when it connects, so i can delete them, but my ftp program dosnt show any files in the window. Can somone please give me some pointers as to what im doing wrong. Iv attached a screen shot of the error and my 2 files below. I changed the html to txt so i could upload it, html wont upload.
I log into ftp.justcommodres.com.au and use my user name and password and port 21. The only thing im unsure of is the port number but it appers to work. Sorry thats a massive post but if you have any help that would be great.

Attachments

• error1.JPG
    error1.JPG
    117.3 KB · Views: 242
  • vic roads.BMP
    43.4 KB · Views: 191
  • try2.txt
    407 bytes · Views: 255

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
Silly question but are you running a software firewall? Even just the built in Windows one?

Also, if you're using a router you could try forwarding the port causing the error.

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
Yes i have trend running and it has a firwall plus my wireless dlink modem/router has a built in firewall.
Im very novice when it comes to this stuff, i can work with installing new hardware and reformatt my laptop, but this html, port, router internet stuff is nothing iv ever worked with. My point, what do you mean by forwarding the port causing the error.

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6 II Commodore - Chlorophyll
Try turning off your trend micro firewall and then give it a go. From the looks of the error in the pic it looks as if you may have some ports being blocked by a firewall.

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid
Trend Micro loves taking control, I couldn't seem to get it right at all and ended up removing it in replace of Windows Live OneCare.

Port forwarding won't be required, this is the beauty of NAT, in short anything originating from inside the network will be allowed back in.

My money at this stage is on trend being the problem :)

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
k. Thanks guys, im giving one last try tonight, but i think it will be my last try for a week or so. I cracked up at my internet/home phone provider and i told them to shove it. So i have to wait about 10-15 days now to have my phone and internet moved elswhere. cheers.