Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fuel and your VE

Faynt11

Feeder of Trolls
Reaction score
Members Ride
07' VE SV6 Ute
I'm currently achieving 0L per hundred! jealous? don't be, my licence has been suspended.
####in' speed cameras, they always ruin my fun with the loud pedal... lol

3 weeks left xD

glennho

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SS -1977 HX Premier,2012 Hilux 4x4
just run 98 in it all the time and you wont go wrong.if you drive your car properly and give it a squirt every now and then your economy should come good.

ms_enj

Geek girls are sexy...
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE Omega 60th Anniversary
My mower and whipper snipper cant run on e10 lol...

This is the fuel consumption in my v6.. not being a economical driver either lol. Just got plugs changed and its already going down on fuel :)

Edit: Blue dotted line is fuel consumption.. seemed to go up when I got the exhaust.. I just like the sound of it :)

Mind sharing the name of this app? Looks pretty good! :D

cantcatchme

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE my10 omega 3.0l 6spd
the omega was originally made as a high way car if you run 98 and dont put your foot down or stop and start alot you can get bout 10.5l-100klm WITHOUT putting your foot down much i live in cairns and the fuel economy is **** round here 13.5l-100klm and thats not putting ur foot down.

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Run 98. Make sure it's serviced properly and regulary. If that fails go buy a corolla.

adam sv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
hey ive got a non sidi sv6 and i had **** as L/100 initially... like 13-14 L/100. for a few tanks i purposefully accelerated slow etc (tried to keep below 2k rpm) and eventually it came good i dunno why, maybe reset the computer?? but now i get 10-11 L/100 . i drive to and from uni which is basicly 60kms worth of peak hour ring road traffic (melbournians you'll know what i mean) every day. I save the last quarter tank for fun n play and that gets me 650-700km. btw thats on 95 ron. so just give it some time and easy pedal action it should come good

vongy10

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8 Monaro V2
Run a couple tanks of 98 through it, if you're still not happy you can get a tune to get more power and better economy. Get in contact with MACE a forum sponser about the tune.

krylothe

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VE SS
"well off" lol. Not likely, I want my v8 so i just accept the cost that goes with it, u don't wanna pay the price at the bowser get a smaller vehicle or walk!

PHaSR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LUMINA
ive got an 05 VZ V6 and get 11.5 -12.5 L/100km. thats regular traffic mostly 70-90km/hr from campbelltown to blacktown every day.
on a good run one way and driving economically by listening to the engine/gear changes I have managed 9.6L/100km, but this figure was too much effort to sustain daily,
I fill my tank once a week and get at least 500km every tank, sometimes around 600 if I get good traffic runs, I have found that 98 (BP Ultimate and Shell V-Power get me slightly more kms than 95 Octane Regular unleaded.
it also runs quieter and smoother, when I ran 95 octane I was getting a few coughs and splutters when giving it a squirt with the pedal.
If I push it all the time I'm around 13.5L/100km but still get around the 500km mark per tank.
I would imagine that the newer engine with SIDI would run even better than this on runs like I do.
I found that red lights and the stop start kills fuel economy by my trip computer, and unfortunately its the one thing I cant really change, although outside peak times I get better runs of green lights, but that means going to work early! #### that! I'll pay the extra in fuel! lol.
hope this helps somewhat (tho I know I'm not a VE V6)

Oh yeah, took a couple of weeks of this driving until the computer changed to my driving, the day it changed it felt like I was driving a different car, everything was smoother and she was well behaved and responded when i wanted it to, rather than blipping random gear changes like an indonesian school teacher! (previous owner, not meant to b racist)