Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fuel and your VE

JoeRogan

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Evoke Sedan
Use "Fuel Doctor" from Super Cheap Auto.. in my VT commodore I get an extra 100kms per tank. I've just upgraded to a 2008 VE Omega and will be using it in it also. BTW - I've always used the expensive high octane fuel.. never anything other.

Hunter SS

Growing Old Disgracefully
Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SS
no use going from a 1.3 to a V6 and cry when you have to fuel it up..... naturally it will use more fuel, have a larger capacity tank, but i bet it's better to drive than the 1.3! When i had the Omega it ran better on E10 than it did on normal 91 ULP or 95 PULP. The SS has always been run on 98. The wife put E10 in it once, i thought something was wrong with it... it went from an average of about 12/100 to almost 14/100.
At the moment it has a tune, CAI, under-drive, extractors and zorst and it gets about 11.3/100 doing highway and traffic. Last few days i have been driving it around town and not been overly kind to it and it's hovering around 16/100
Fuel type and driving style makes a huge difference to your economy. Asking others can only ever be a very rough guide.

VEQLD

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 HOLDEN COMMODORE VE SIDI
I got mine down to this...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 209
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 210
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 175

Hunter SS

Growing Old Disgracefully
Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SS

dude... turn your fog lights off... really... it doesn't look as cool as you think.

Loaded Dice

.... Lets roll.
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 SSV Redline

What fuel? What additives? What mods? Over what distance?

Hunter SS said:
dude... turn your fog lights off... really... it doesn't look as cool as you think.

haha yeah I wasn't gonna say anything, but defiantly agree.

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
LMFAO

You owned a 4cyl 1.3 and bought an SV6 and your complaining about fuel consumption...

err. Did you not read the vehicle specs before you signed the cheque at Holden?

It is a big car compared to a little car, and a bigger engine compared to your previous pea shooter 1.3 4cyl

If you want that fuel econ back, buy another corolla.

VEQLD

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 HOLDEN COMMODORE VE SIDI
All he did was reset the trip meter once he was driving at 100km/h on cruise control.[/QUOTE]

Yup all true haha! Still got it down effin low and got a round trip of 270k on 1/4 tank with off hiway driving also! :) and about the fog lights? Is it that Big of a deal? Do you even own a commy?? Hope your not a **** pusher that dreams and disses everyone who actually ownes the car u wish u had! I mean can't I drive my cAr I own the way I want ? Lol