Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fuel cap release handle

Jeff P

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim
This is about the inside floor-mounted handle. I pulled on it to open the cap as I usually did and it broke off in my hand. I've only had a quick look so far but does anybody know anything about how I go about fixing this. First problem to solve is finding some way to open the cap without the handle. Any thoughts much appreciated.

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
You can access it by removing the carpet on the rear panel near the fuel filler.

Jeff P

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim
I think you may have misread my problem. I'm looking at how to fix the handle/lever on the floor just to the front right of the driver's seat that you lift/pull up to open the filler cap.

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6
From memory if the lever/handle has broken, it's stuffed and there is no way of fixing it
It's a pretty common issue as the cars get older, the cables will either bind up or they fray and jam in the cables protective sheath
Only thing you can try is pulling on the cable end with a set of pliers or vise grips to open the fuel cap

As Dayvo said above, you can release the fuel cap from inside the boot....
Get in behind the carpet lining in the boot, and you can access the cap release mechanism and get it to open so you can fuel up

Best fix is to just buy a new release cable from Holden and fit it

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
I think you may have misread my problem. I'm looking at how to fix the handle/lever on the floor just to the front right of the driver's seat that you lift/pull up to open the filler cap.
I was solving the first part of your problem how to open the cap ☺