Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fuel Card - How long does it take??

efryer

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6 3.6 Auto
Anyone else waiting on their fuel card from Holden?? (the "free" fuel promotion that has been running for the last two months)

So far Monday is 8 weeks, and neither the dealer or Holden seem to have a real clue on what is going on. I gave a generous 4 weeks (normal 28 day delivery time).

Four weeks ago I rang Holden and I was told it will be there by the end of the week (end of the sixth week). They told me that Caltex were holding things up.

Nothing turned up, then made the calls again, I was told by the dealer that they were told that they are being sent out to the Holden dealers. I rang Holden and was told that they were being sent on the 9th and dealers would have them by the 19th (must have been by slow boat).

I rang the dealer (more senior person) on the 20th, asking if they had them, and he told me that there had been some delays, but he would make a call.

He rang back saying that the early ones had been sent by post, and based on the fact that my car was bought on the 1st day of the promotion that mine would have been one of them. He suggested calling Holden again as he couldn't confirm mine was one of those due to privacy laws.

I rang Holden, and explained what the dealer had said, and I got a shirty response "all I can tell you is what is on this bulletin that we have, and that they were being sent on the 9th and that it would be 10 working days before they receive them, I can't tell you anymore."

Needless to say, no phone call, no letter today telling me I can pick it up.

They have until Monday afternoon to call me, otherwise I will approach Fair Trading.

It may sound like it is not a big deal, but if I could ask you the same question, would you like me to hold onto $2000 of your money. Whilst the dealers believe that they are giving you a gift, the price is built in the car price. I actually had a quote a few days before the promotion started, that was $1500.00 less than what I paid, but as the dealer said, they had been told by Holden that they must include the free petrol and as such cannot match the quote. I decided that there was no harm in including the petrol in the price as I would have to pay it anyhow and the model that I wanted, the particular colour may not have been around at the end of the promotion.

Holden have been very quick to send out "we hope you are enjoying your new Holden" letters, yet not one letter telling us that there is a problem or delay with the Fuel Cards.

Anyhow that is my rant for the week. Anyone else waiting???

Regards
Bob