Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fuel Consumption 2014 Vf commodore evoke

Gitto

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 Holden Commodre VF Evoke
Hi, i recently bought a 2014 holden commodore evoke and ive been doing mostly city driving. Ive been averaging 17L per 100km which I thought was a bit much. Just asking is that too high or normal. I have been light on the throttle.

Derekthetree

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F R8 SV Manual
Hi, i recently bought a 2014 holden commodore evoke and ive been doing mostly city driving. Ive been averaging 17L per 100km which I thought was a bit much. Just asking is that too high or normal. I have been light on the throttle.

Sounds high, didn't do that badly in my V8 with Melbourne commuting.

Manual or auto?
Lots of idling at lights?
From in car readout or servo receipts?

Gitto

Reaction score
Members Ride
Auto transmittion.
Im based in wellington, NZ so not too much idling at traffic lights/ traffic in general, but definitely stop and go type stuff.
Ive been monitoring the economy screens in the car readouts.
It did sound a bit high. Was wondering if it is worth getting checked out.
The car used to be a police vehicle and the engine is in good condition, the guy I bought it from i think mentioned that it has a fuel injection system which was a modification by the NZ police, not sure if that is a problem.

Gitto

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sounds high, didn't do that badly in my V8 with Melbourne commuting.

Manual or auto?
Lots of idling at lights?
From in car readout or servo receipts?
Auto transmittion.
Im based in wellington, NZ so not too much idling at traffic lights/ traffic in general, but definitely stop and go type stuff.
Ive been monitoring the economy screens in the car readouts.
It did sound a bit high. Was wondering if it is worth getting checked out.
The car used to be a police vehicle and the engine is in good condition, the guy I bought it from i think mentioned that it has a fuel injection system which was a modification by the NZ police, not sure if that is a problem.

dassaur

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V8 Wagon
Used to have a 15 evoke, absolute most Id get to was 13l/100 in heavy city traffic.

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SV6 (LFX) Sportwagon (SOLD)
If you are pottering around at low speed in 1st gear, yes, 17 to 28L(plus)/100 is a figure that will be returned and displayed on the DIC. It looks ugly and it is is! Get out of 1st and into 3rd and 4th at a steady pace and economy will improve e.g. highway and freeway. The longer you are driving at a steady pace, the greater the improvement in fuel economy. VF V6 engines can be quite frugal — you just have to learn what they like doing best: long hauls at higher road speeds.

I get around 3.9 to 4.8L/100km on PULP98 and I'm heading due north right through the centre and up to the top of Australia at 100-110 to 130km/h (which will be just after Alice). The takeaway is that city driving will always result in higher fuel consumption figures.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
the guy I bought it from i think mentioned that it has a fuel injection system which was a modification by the NZ police

normally when you buy a commodore and the seller bangs on about it being ex police modified he is full of sh!t.

the 3.0l in the evoke gets about 9l to 12l depending on the driving conditions mine averaged around 10 when i had it.

Brettly-2008

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS Commodore - Ford Territory ... both camps
If you are pottering around at low speed in 1st gear, yes, 17 to 28L(plus)/100 is a figure that will be returned and displayed on the DIC. It looks ugly and it is is! Get out of 1st and into 3rd and 4th at a steady pace and economy will improve e.g. highway and freeway. The longer you are driving at a steady pace, the greater the improvement in fuel economy. VF V6 engines can be quite frugal — you just have to learn what they like doing best: long hauls at higher road speeds.

I get around 3.9 to 4.8L/100km on PULP98 and I'm heading due north right through the centre and up to the top of Australia at 100-110 to 130km/h (which will be just after Alice). The takeaway is that city driving will always result in higher fuel consumption figures.

I keep forgetting you're getting 2000kms+ per tank. :p

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SV6 (LFX) Sportwagon (SOLD)
I keep forgetting you're getting 2000kms+ per tank. :p

LOL! I wish.

More around 1,200km or so. North of Alice there won't be much PULP98 on tap; stepping down to 91 or OPAL. I expect around 7 to 9L+/100km with that until Darwin.

Gitto

Reaction score
Members Ride

Do you recomend to go into the spot mode where u can manually change gears around town and just drive in a higher gear.