Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fuel Consumption Figures

Hq King

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS 2 Magnum
N.Z, police starting to get a bit anal over here and there's much talk the old 4 and at times 10 k.p.h. allowance over limit has now gone and they can and are now starting to issue tickets for as little as 1 k.p.h. over the speed limit which is a pretty sad state of affairs.:mad:
On decent roads If I set my adaptive cruise for 103 k.p.h. knowing I am doing a true 100 that's good but sometimes in hilly terrain the speed can wander 2-3 k.p.h. either side of the desired cruise speed setting so some care is needed.
Yes not much revenue for the police social club during lockdown Great idea let's persecute the public I would suggest anyone who gets a speeding ticket for under 5 kph over the speed limit to dispute and write in (costs you nothing to write in )and believe me it is worth writing in as i have gotten of a few tickets in nz . We will see how long that money grabbing scheme lasts when they get overloaded with disputes

Derekthetree

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F R8 SV Manual
N.Z, police starting to get a bit anal over here and there's much talk the old 4 and at times 10 k.p.h. allowance over limit has now gone and they can and are now starting to issue tickets for as little as 1 k.p.h. over the speed limit which is a pretty sad state of affairs.:mad:
On decent roads If I set my adaptive cruise for 103 k.p.h. knowing I am doing a true 100 that's good but sometimes in hilly terrain the speed can wander 2-3 k.p.h. either side of the desired cruise speed setting so some care is needed.

No tourists to tag anymore!

Derekthetree

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F R8 SV Manual
Yes the sooner we open up the bubble between Australia and us the better (ducking for cover )

Well you guys can come here and get caught by our police if you want!

0 cases in Vic today, hopefully not far away.

Reactions: Lex

Hq King

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS 2 Magnum
Well you guys can come here and get caught by our police if you want!

0 cases in Vic today, hopefully not far away.
Thats great news for Victoria hope it continues and I was supposed to be flying to Brisbane on the day we got locked down hope to make it in the new year if all going of us can keep covid free . So there is a good chance of making a donation to the nazi police over there ( won't be the first time )

87VLCALAIS

Reaction score
Members Ride
3.8 VY S Manual, ZB RSV
I havent seen a lot of evidence yet of the police zealously enforcing zero speed tolerance.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Yes the sooner we open up the bubble between Australia and us the better (ducking for cover ) ( ducks in and grabs the face mask )
there... fixed that for you :p

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
over here in wa you pretty much need to be doing 7kph to 9kph over the limit to get the first fine which is 0 points and $100 for light vehicles and $200 for heavy.
they take 2kph off for any degree of error which puts their alleged speed at 5kph to 7kph.

with the speedo adding 3kph to your actual speed you would need to be doing at least a visible 110 on the speedo in a 100 zone to get a fine for doing 5kph over here.
in 100 zones i will sit around 103 to 105 and never have an issue.

i have tested a lot of gm vehicles like the colorado, trax, barina, cruze, equinox, ve, vf, zb and without fail every one of them has been 3kph out on the speedo.

Hq King

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS 2 Magnum
over here in wa you pretty much need to be doing 7kph to 9kph over the limit to get the first fine which is 0 points and $100 for light vehicles and $200 for heavy.
they take 2kph off for any degree of error which puts their alleged speed at 5kph to 7kph.

with the speedo adding 3kph to your actual speed you would need to be doing at least a visible 110 on the speedo in a 100 zone to get a fine for doing 5kph over here.
in 100 zones i will sit around 103 to 105 and never have an issue.

i have tested a lot of gm vehicles like the colorado, trax, barina, cruze, equinox, ve, vf, zb and without fail every one of them has been 3kph out on the speedo.
Ok I might have to eat my words here but in my magnum at a speedo reading of 53 the radar sign thingies that tell you your speed say 50 kph I presumed my speedo would read 106 at 100 kph but maybe I am wrong ? I will have to check with GPS