Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

DeathSammich

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina S1
I have an l67 and it uses a decent amount of fuel. At idle in park qhen warm uses 1.9-2.2l per hour on the display and in drive uses 2.2-.2.6l per hour. I've read it's meant to read around 1.6? What things could effect my idle usage? I think idle usage pretty much reflects driving usage which is also fairly high. Thanks.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Maybe a touch high. I see 2-2.4 depending on how hard the AC is working.

Have you fixed the loss of compression yet?

DeathSammich

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina S1
Maybe a touch high. I see 2-2.4 depending on how hard the AC is working.

Have you fixed the loss of compression yet?
My AC is off. Compression is fixed. I got a wideband in and my fueling seems somewhat okay but when cruising it keeps swinging from the 13s to 14s.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Was it the head gasket?

Sounds like the tune is off and possibly not going into closed loop mode as it should be seeing 14.7:1 when cruising.

Depending on what WB O2 kit you have and how it is wired in it may be off a touch, best bet is to get your tuner to compare the WB O2 to the standard O2 sensors and see if they read the same when the PCM is operating in closed loop mode.

DeathSammich

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina S1
Was it the head gasket?

Sounds like the tune is off and possibly not going into closed loop mode as it should be seeing 14.7:1 when cruising.

Depending on what WB O2 kit you have and how it is wired in it may be off a touch, best bet is to get your tuner to compare the WB O2 to the standard O2 sensors and see if they read the same when the PCM is operating in closed loop mode.
Nah the valves weren't sealing

Alright cheers