Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fuel consumption on sv6

donthree

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE BERLINA
hi there i have a v6 Berlina with 72000 klms on the clock around town i average 18-22 per hundred and on a good highway at speed limit i can only average 8.9 have had back to dealer they cant see anything wrong tech 2 shows no codes im not lead footed, i swear driving round town i can see the fuel guage move, im switching to gas shortly as most weekends travel nearly 85-900 klms so hope to save a bucket load and yes is going to be liquid injection

brockodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
Voodoo Blue 2010 VE SV6 Manual Sedan
I'm getting 8.1l/100km (highway) & 10.6 (town) on shell unleaded(no e10 crap) & 7.0-7.1 / 9.6 using BP Ultimate , I think it may be worth using the good stuff .

RIP 05

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ sedan
Filled up the missus car today and the read was 11.0L with an average speed of 44km. I worked out the usuage and it was 10.75L. City driving.

Taroona

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II Sportswagon now sold have a 2002 VU Storm V6
Mine's an auto SV6 series 2 3.6L wagon with 20k on the clock, usally get 12.5l/100Km. Air on all the time and I don't drive for economy. But on a recent trip to the gold coast I reset the computor and on cruise control of 100Km/Hr I got 7.8l/100KM. As good as any of the deisel ute's I own.

Last edited:

burleighboy86

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY10 SV6 A6
I'm starting to really question all this hype surrounding the fuel economy of the sidi engine.

I have a VT Calais V6, and when I first bought it 3 years back, I was getting anything as good as 7.2L/100km on the highway. Around town from memory it was ~11.5-12.5L/100km. Very pleased. I thought I'd check the claimed fuel economy of the VT when it was released and highway sounded about right, with my city driving lower than claimed. I don't really thrash her, as there's plenty of V8's around and would get a little embarrassing with the way she sounds when revved well.

In comparison, Holden claim 9.8L/100km for the 3.6L SIDI. With guys here saying at best they get 8 on highway, it's little wonder Holden only release the combined figure.

I've also found on my VT, as someone said early with their VE, that if they thrash it early on, the economy suffers.

Oh well, it's all academic as I'll be picking mine up hopefully on Monday.

Damo83

VE MY09 SV6
Reaction score
Website
meettomy.site
Members Ride
VF SV6 Black Edition Sportswagon My17
MY09 VE SV6 ( 66k on clock ) goes 10.4 in normal driving conditions, Highway goes about 7.9 to 8.5 l Per 100kms With K&N pod Air filter

before it runs 11.5 and 9.5 with stock normal air filter

I have fitted HSV cluster, when I fitted new K&N pod filter, it played up with my instant fuel windows like a jump reading. I hope it goes back normal .

Ive noticed when i fitted from factory filter to k&N pod filter can hear more sucking air in to the engine which sound awesome. Also more throttle response than before.

RIP 05

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ sedan
MY09 VE SV6 ( 66k on clock ) goes 10.4 in normal driving conditions, Highway goes about 7.9 to 8.5 l Per 100kms With K&N pod Air filter

before it runs 11.5 and 9.5 with stock normal air filter

I have fitted HSV cluster, when I fitted new K&N pod filter, it played up with my instant fuel windows like a jump reading. I hope it goes back normal .

Ive noticed when i fitted from factory filter to k&N pod filter can hear more sucking air in to the engine which sound awesome. Also more throttle response than before.

Where did you get the pod filter and for what price? Was looking at CAI, but wanted more of a close box so it looks more factory like. Have heard good thinks when fitting up a CAI, ie throttle resposnse and fuel usuage. Cheers

Damo83

VE MY09 SV6
Reaction score
Website
meettomy.site
Members Ride
VF SV6 Black Edition Sportswagon My17
Where did you get the pod filter and for what price? Was looking at CAI, but wanted more of a close box so it looks more factory like. Have heard good thinks when fitting up a CAI, ie throttle resposnse and fuel usuage. Cheers

Brought the K&N kit from USA ebay. Here the url eBay Australia: Buy new & used fashion, electronics & home d Its way cheaper to get from the usa, but takes a month of waiting to arrive my bloody door. If order from around aussie, over $500 price mark.

That item is for Pontiac g8 but its the same as the VE V6 , can order for v8 as well same price. ( Pontiac G8 GT )

Damo