Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fuel consumption on sv6

adam sv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
hi all, i have been paying attention to my fuel consumption and it is high! i reset the consumption thing before i set out on a trip which consisted of some suburb driving, mostly freeway and some city, a round trip of 50km return with an average 15L/100k's. i couldnt believe it, thats what v8's get. its got a cai and ss exhaust tips, but i dont think these make much of a difference. if anything they should improve economy i thought. i dont drive heavy footed, so i cant blame that.
however when i bought the car i drove it from adelaide to melbourne and it averaged 8.8 litres go figure.....

what are other sv6 drivers getting?

(Its an MY09 sv6)

SSV-050

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 6 Speed
This is my 6speed driving around town very very soft!
2011-08-09 19.20.50.jpg

Allistaire

Reaction score
Members Ride
f6
I have a 2010 SV6 and average abou 10l per 100 .Get about 650 to a tank. Im WOT abit but i i do alot of driving on the highway and im never in traffic. I have the SS inductions CAI and Maloo mufflers and a manual. If you want to reduce consumption try the cruise control wherever possible it makes a differance.

Hym1e

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6
mine pulls 13.7L damn thing drinks harder than I do

SSV-050

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 6 Speed
Mine does about 8.5 doing 120 with cruise on highway in 6th, **** thing about the vy ss they only have a 65 litre tank I think and my vn ss has a 90 litre.

SSV-050

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 6 Speed
is that driving hard though?

astroham

Reaction score
Members Ride
Looking
dont worry about it ... mine gets about 15L/100 to ... but i do drive mine quite hard as well

VTSS350

Blown VT LS1 450rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
VTLS1
hi all, i have been paying attention to my fuel consumption and it is high! i reset the consumption thing before i set out on a trip which consisted of some suburb driving, mostly freeway and some city, a round trip of 50km return with an average 15L/100k's. i couldnt believe it, thats what v8's get. its got a cai and ss exhaust tips, but i dont think these make much of a difference. if anything they should improve economy i thought. i dont drive heavy footed, so i cant blame that.
however when i bought the car i drove it from adelaide to melbourne and it averaged 8.8 litres go figure.....

what are other sv6 drivers getting?

(Its an MY09 sv6)

Fuel figures are totally useless without an average speed aswell. What one person calls city driving is totally different to what others call it. I have had people say 50/50 city highway with an average speed of 80kph. My 50/50 city highway average speed would be around 45kph, huge difference.

My SV6 sidi gets 14L with an average speed of 35kph with my wife driving.

On the highway with an average speed of 110kmh it returns around 8L on flatish roads and 8.8 with hills.

Advanced_Amatuer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS 2010
Question is how many k's on the clock, motor run in yet??