Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fuel consumption on sv6

HussySV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VW GOLF GTD
I have noticed that if you thrash it once when going on a trip then it stuffs it all up. For example, when im going to gold coast from brisbane(hour drive). through the suburbs ill give it a bit of thrashing, then when i go on highway i can never get the fuel consumption down to normal. When i do thrash it even abit, i get about 13L on highway. But if i drive it soft all way then if im luckey i get about 9L which is okay i guess.

Mine is 09 SV6. Oh and the CAI should bring the Fuel Consumption LOWER not HIGHER lol

SV666

The Commodore Enthusiast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS EXEC SII
I average about 11L per 100km, I do a combination of both highway and suburb driving and I do give it a bit here and there. For example I hadn't given it some right foot treatment for a bit now so i filled up and gave it to for a bit went as high as 14.7L per 100km once I went back to work I have it down to 11.5L per 100km two days after I filled up. Cars auto sidi and only has hsv tips been using sports mode alot lately just in normal day to day driving I think it helps lower the consumption down (normal driving).

adam sv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
for the sake of this test i didnt drive hard, i wanted to see what the range was like so i was extra easy on the right foot. i woulda been happy with up to 11L/100 but i cant get it below 14 ... then again there was a bit of traffic start n stop.

It has 33k on the clock, motor well run in. average speed is sitting on 41 km/hr.

when i do drive hard it goes up to 14.5 and will probly go higher

Ripper_017

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV REDLINE
mine sits around 14 , but as others have mentioned when you hit it she will rise over 15 . does take a while for it to drop back down. mines an 07 sv6 , 170ks on it. im going to do the o2 sensor change soon i think , that should give me a bit more economy.

Gokz777

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY09.5 SV6 5sp Auto
I have an 09 SV6 and I currently get 11.1L/100km = thats to say i work at a number of hospitals throughout melbourne so Im usually driving a minimum of 1200km per week, which is an absolute @#$% load, and I dont hoon but I tend to take off a little faster (still obey the speed limit) but the majority of my driving is in peak hour around the CBD and the rest is on freeways on the way home - I have no modifications and my average speed is 39.6km/h - i cant figure out what the hell is wrong with yours. BUT I DO WARN it can be buggy, i once had 25.4L/100km show up on the screen and stay for 2 days, after turning the car on and off a few times and resetting the meter it worked fine

glenn l

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve sv6
i use to average 10.1l/100km at aprox 43km/h with about 50/50 stop start and cruising at aprox 90km/h easy driving, now it has gone up to 12.7 for the last two months, have not changed the way i drive, only thing different i have the front dimister/ac on, dont know if that uses more fuel or not. car has just under 65000 on it, will be changing the plugs and air and fuel filters shortley and get the fuel maps rest and see if its any better.

duehicky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Sedan
07 ve I flog it around all the time 13.8/100 high way running about 8.5l/100

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
2010 sv6 12 000k's on the clock

mostly city driving...average speed around 30km/h...

consumption is between 13-14L

Mixed city and hwy with average speed of 50km drops it to around 10-11L

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
i use to average 10.1l/100km at aprox 43km/h with about 50/50 stop start and cruising at aprox 90km/h easy driving, now it has gone up to 12.7 for the last two months, have not changed the way i drive, only thing different i have the front dimister/ac on, dont know if that uses more fuel or not. car has just under 65000 on it, will be changing the plugs and air and fuel filters shortley and get the fuel maps rest and see if its any better.

check your tyre pressure !

mad macks

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Ute S2
SV6 Series 2 Ute Manual Gearbox 15,000 Km
Used 13-14L/100Km until it loosened up(10,000Km)
Now, driving at the speedlimit low 10s, driving it like it wants to be driven(foot to the floor),low to mid 11s