Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fuel Consumption

Acclaim96

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim
Whats your average fuel consumption. I get 350-400km city and easily 550-650km highway.

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
10L/100km spot on every time, mixed highway and town driving. In a V6 - 5speed ute. Pretty happy with it, considering I was around 9.7L/100km in the VT, and I chose to upgrade to the VS Ute :)

Chris E

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Executive 3.8
250km ish / tank, V6 5 speed, though that is mountain runs etc, haven't had it 5speed long enough to see what its like normal driving. I hope its alot better! $200 fuel in four days is not cool.

HoldenOnn

Roll Cage Territory
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais Series 2 HBD V6 Sedan 2004
VS SII S Pack V6 5sp Manual that I just sold a month ago used to use 8lt/100km on the highway. Thats 12.5km per litre. Meticulously serviced by me especially oil and filter and air filter every 5,000kms plus tyres aligned and balanced and pressures checked weekly and kept at 34psi all round on factory 15" mags.

Bazza J

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR commodore executive
mine is stock VR it use to use a full tank (68L) in about 600-650kms, now im lucky to get 400km out of it, i still drive it the same way (never foot to floor, never over 3000rpm), and it is mostly highway kms that i do

HoldenOnn

Roll Cage Territory
Reaction score
Members Ride
mine is stock VR it use to use a full tank (68L) in about 600-650kms, now im lucky to get 400km out of it, i still drive it the same way (never foot to floor, never over 3000rpm), and it is mostly highway kms that i do

Mostly highway km's and only about 400kms....I wouldn't be happy with that. My VS had done well over 200,000kms when I sold it and I was getting 700kms or more on just highway runs. Around town with very short trips I would get 400-450kms approx.

I would get a diagnosis done via auto electrician or even get a dyno tuner to check mixtures. The cost of getting this done would be well worth it especially if you could get back to well over 600kms+ to a tank like you should be getting.

Could be a number of issues. Do all the normal servicing of filters and oil, then do spark leads and plugs if not done for a while, don't forget fuel filter, check tyre pressures. Stock tyres like 15" should be minimum 34psi, check exhaust for leaks at engine or through system and even catalytic converter may need replacing if its still factory. So many things to do, but its worth it in the long run.

Bazza J

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR commodore executive
it has done over 300,000 kms but ive had cars with higher kms and they still got alot more kms out of the tank. about a week after it started drinking the fuel we replaced the back resinator with a luckey mufler cos the resinator was clogged, and one of the bolts on the flange snapped but i dont really think this could of effected it because it started using more fuel before then, i should be replacing the bolt in one the next couple of weekends

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
I'm only getting 400km with mixed driving which is about 20% down on a years or so ago. I figure it's the oxygen sensors as they are original (210,000km). The car has heaps of power and runs like a Swiss watch so I'm not too worried....the truth probably is I'm too tight to spend the $$$.

HoldenOnn

Roll Cage Territory
Reaction score
Members Ride
I'm only getting 400km with mixed driving which is about 20% down on a years or so ago. I figure it's the oxygen sensors as they are original (210,000km). The car has heaps of power and runs like a Swiss watch so I'm not too worried....the truth probably is I'm too tight to spend the $$$.

Thats like playing with a double edged sword. Your economy is 20% down but you don't want to spend the money on an oxygen sensor. Wouldn't you be better to spend the money on the oxygen sensors, then get the rewards very soon in the future and continue to get the rewards due to better fuel economy???