Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fuel Consumption

oswald900

Reaction score
I was just wondering when the fuel consumption gets better on the SV6?

Dont just on 500km and its really sucking the juice and was just wondering when it gets better.

Cheers

SpeedRacer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Phantom VZ SV6 A5
I've got 1400 clicks on the clock now and getting 14lt/100km (according to the trip computer). I expected it to be better even though I do mainly inner city driving.

SV6_stormrider

Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 VZ SV6 M6 - Quicksilver
I've got about 9500K's on the clock and getting about 11-12 L/100Km which is done with a combination of city and freeway driving.

I took my car on a long cruise from Sydney to Melbourne (for grand prix week, then great ocean rd after) about a month after I picked it up. Covered almost 3000Kms on that run. Even when new I was doing about 9 L/100Km freeway driving, but city driving at the time was up around the 13-14L/100Km mark. Guess the long drive must have done it some good :) .

MySV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE SV6
Local driving gets me 11-12 l/100km, and on trips I get mid to high 8's or low 9's. 22,500km on the car now

I just gave the car the second tank of Vortex 98 to see how it goes, but normally I run Vortex or normal Caltex ULP. The diference in virtex/ulp is minimal - the car runs smoother on Vortex, but does not seem to have better economy at all. The Vortex 98 seems to be good, but not worth the difference in price over ULP

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
ours is a company car and thus has to run standard Shell Unleaded, none other, thanks to the fuel card.

Inner city driving, rarely peak hour type start/stop but not exactly highway driving either, the computer had it at 10.1ltr/100km with 13 000 km on the clock

As I said, never had a tank of premium in it, never had a highway run, mainly in the city driving and thats the figures we're getting. :drink:

Sammy

Reaction score
Website
www.oldholdens.com
Members Ride
LH Torana with Ecotec V6
generally i do a bit of everything, in a day i go through 10 areas where i have to either stop or if nothing else its a 60 zone, then after each area its back up to 100 etc, i get about 9-9.8L/100 from that sort of driving.

went to sydney on the weekend which was really the first ever long freeway run i've done in it. got 8.5L/100 in the freeway, once i hit ourimah onwards with all the hills etc it ended up on about 8.7L/100 when i got to the motel in Sydney ... so i was pretty happy with that ....

full town only driving usually sees 11-12L/100 ish ... depending on my mood!

It just ticked over 16,000km's. Fuel economy seemed to be fairly much the same the whole time i've had it, except was more fuel used when i first got it as i wasn't used to where to change gears and all that sort of stuff, also gave it a bit at first as it was a new toy as you do!

oswald900

Reaction score
Thanks for all of your replys.

Its starting to get better now its doing 13litres for every 100kms.

Not sure if its the way we are driving it and changing gears or not but atleast its getting better.

Cheers

M

mor11J

I am sure as you break the engine in a bit, performance improves and so does fuel economy. I am on the M4/local driving and am running 16.6L/100KMs

V

VZSV6

the best i hit was 9.2l/per 100ks awesome, th most was 642k's on a full tank of bp ultimate and thats m4 driving and city driving

M

mor11J

It really is a small world, I saw your VZSV6 at N*wi gt n Shops about a week before I bought my SV6 and thought how nice it looked and had a bit of "green eye envy". Nice work with it BTW, it looks good.