Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fuel consumption

Nix_calais.

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zb calais 2.0 turbo
Hi guys I recently bought a 2.0turbo beaut car to drive however the fuel consumption around town reads 12litrs/100ks would've thought it would be lower than that anyone have any ideas cheers calais

Nix_calais.

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zb calais 2.0 turbo
Hi guys I recently bought a 2.0turbo beaut car to drive however the fuel consumption around town reads 12litrs/100ks would've thought it would be lower than that anyone have any ideas cheers calais
Oops I should say it's a zb calais

MattSAU2XR8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Auto 2007
I used ro have an FG Ecoboost which is similar size and power and found it used about 10 litres per 100 km on fairly open 20 km drives to work including a mix of side streets, main roads, and freeway. So 12 suggests a lot more stop start, or shorter trips...? Seems with a larger and more powerful car its never going to do 10s or under around town unless you drive like a granny - which is hard to do in a ZB turbo - very tempting to put the boot in...

Nix_calais.

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zb calais 2.0 turbo
Cheers for that, yep I do about 12ks round trip to work and back with a mix of freeway and stop start so 12s is probably about right and yes very tempting to boot the boot in she goes bloody well to be fair.

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
Swap it for an electric car:)

Igor

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB 2.0l Diesel Wagon
Whilst I cannot talk about the petrol fuel consumption, the diesel engine is amazing. After 30,000km I am averaging 6.2 litres per 100km. I had a Hyundai i30 diesel which did marginally better but was half the size of my ZB wagon in every way. I just wish the diesel had AWD and it would have been a perfect car.

red_vxr

Reaction score
Members Ride
(don't have a commodore lel)
Holden's claimed combined cycle for the ZB Calais is 7.6 litres per 100 kms for the turbo petrol, the turbo diesel gets 5.7 litres per 100 kms. Although, its pretty common to not match the manufacturer's claimed fuel economy rating, i'm pretty sure they get their numbers by driving at a constant speed without stopping and starting that much. The review which I got those numbers from claimed that he/she was able to match it, though.

Igor

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB 2.0l Diesel Wagon
Holden's claimed combined cycle for the ZB Calais is 7.6 litres per 100 kms for the turbo petrol, the turbo diesel gets 5.7 litres per 100 kms. Although, its pretty common to not match the manufacturer's claimed fuel economy rating, i'm pretty sure they get their numbers by driving at a constant speed without stopping and starting that much. The review which I got those numbers from claimed that he/she was able to match it, though.

5.7 for the turbo diesel is easily achievable if you do enough freeway driving. I regularly get 4.6l/100km with 3 adults and AC on the whole time on longer freeway stints on 30C+ days. The worst I got from a tank is 7.6l/100km over 600+km during the lockdown when I was limited to the 5km radius which is still crazily impressive as the engine was barely getting warm. One thing that explains the great consumption is that the gears are set to what I would expect to be called the "economy" driving mode on any car with adjustable drive modes. My hyundai i30 goes from a 75yo pedestrian to a 20yo sprinter when you go from "economy" to "sport" I would still prefer to have an option to get a "normal" or "sport" driving mode as I am happy to sacrifice some diesel for a more responsive drive. As I am getting older, my right foot is not pressing as hard anymore so it's not really a problem :)