Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fuel Consumption.

R

RKZ234

Rainbow said:
Recent trip Sydney to Melbourne and return, V8 VY Berlina, mostly cruise control at 110 on a GPS which checked @ 115KPH on speedo at the Victorian Hume Highway Speedo Check, towing a canine trailer both ways. Head wind going down, 15.2L/100, return in a no-wind situation returned 12.9 l/100. Used normal ULP from Caltex or Shell (guess where we shop ! )

That's pretty good in an Auto with a dog trailer and sitting on 110km/h.

T

TheCrew

Has anyone got any experiences with the Crewman. In particular a VYII Auto 6. I'm looking at the previously mentioned figures and we cannot get anything like what has been quoted. It's driven very conservativley with consumption in mind.The absolute best we've got on the highway has been 10l/100 (granted it was loaded up with holiday goodies) but mostly around the 14L/100 around town. It's a family car that does mostly short trips around town (10-15klms a trip). I was thinking the consumption we are achieving wasn't TOO bad but after reading the posts i'm thinking we can do better.

R

RKZ234

TheCrew said:
Has anyone got any experiences with the Crewman. In particular a VYII Auto 6. I'm looking at the previously mentioned figures and we cannot get anything like what has been quoted. It's driven very conservativley with consumption in mind.The absolute best we've got on the highway has been 10l/100 (granted it was loaded up with holiday goodies) but mostly around the 14L/100 around town. It's a family car that does mostly short trips around town (10-15klms a trip). I was thinking the consumption we are achieving wasn't TOO bad but after reading the posts i'm thinking we can do better.

You are already getting very good mileage, especially given you are doing lots of short trips, where the engine will still be cold and running rich till operating temp is achieved.

What you are getting is as good as it gets with the Crewman.

The Crewman is a bloody big heavy thing to lug around for a V6. It's unrealistic to expect one to get mileage anywhere near a sedan.

muso

Reaction score
Members Ride
BA xr6 turbo Heinrich tuned to 300 rwkw's
My VX exec V6 Auto made it from Preston in Melbourne to Glen Osmond in Adelaide 740kms on 63 litres of fuel, cruise control set @ 100 kph virtually all the way, not bad, the open road economy potential of these ecotecs is outstanding, around town I get about 450-500km out of 63 litres, it is a heavy car (1600kg with no people in it and 1/4 tank of fuel on a weighbridge) Holden has made a good commitment to fuel economy but I'd still rather use a couple more litres and have a 3.45 or 3.7 LSD rather than the tall and conservative off the line performance of the 3.08.

S

superchargedvy

im getting 14.5/100kms on average for a tank but girlfriend can get it down to 13.5/100kms. so maybe we should all drive like girls

C

crewiess

TheCrew said:

Hey Crew - Here is my experience with my M6 SS Crewman. Just got back from a 1400 k trip loaded up with the kids and a tray full of crap. Had 1600 on the odo before leaving. Averaged about 11.9 l/100 km including coming back through Sydney. On the way back the computer said the average was about 10.9 l/100km. She only does about 1400rpm at 110km/h. The fuel guage was bout right as the trip back was 560km and she took about 58 litres and the km to empty showed about 70. The crewman apparently has a 64 litre tank (p poor for a 5.7 donk) so the numbers were about right. Round town I am getiing between 15 and 17 odd litres per 100 km which is pretty high but I am loving planting the welly and winding her out a bit.

By the way just read about the Bugatti Veyron in one of the mags today. It can get as bad as 100 liters per 100 kms

Cameron

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 11 'Redhot' Ute
well what do you expect for a w16 motor, im not sure of the displacement of their engine but it would have to be alot.

M

maggs

Im getting around 10.6 litres per 100km in city VY s series 2
cheers
Tony

SPack

Wish it would rain......
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY10 SV6 sportwagon (phantom)
75% of my driving is on open country roads with moderate acceleration etc, the rest is in town (not quite city driving). I usually get between 9.2 - 10.2 l/100k with my v6 and 5 speed. That blows out to about 12.5 l/100k if I put the boot in and drive like the young WRX/Skyline doof doof kids around here!

jaskel

Hoon Squad, Member No 1
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY2 Calais 5.7L LS1
im getting about 14/16l/100km city driving in a VY2 Calais 5.7 V8 and around 10lt/100 on a country road.

There is a tuner in Penrith called Generation Motorsports who edits them to 300KW and 8.5lt/100 on the hwy and 10/12lt/100km city driving. Im getting the edit done soon.