Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fuel consuption whitch takes less Vt or vs

VKStevo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
sircruisealotVS said:
hey man, im just telling it how it is...the vk is notoriously thirsty.
have a look at that chart, on highway driving both the vk and vt jump up in consumption compared to their surrounding models.
true but i doubt any vb/vh will get 8L/100 k's on the highway, and my vk doesnt use 13L/100 k's in the city either, more like 11, and as most ppl no im not a slow driver

Jamie_87

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 BA XR6
vs is more efficient than a vt due to weight difference and gearing. Although vt will go a longer distance as it has a 75L fuel tank compared to vs 59L (v6 im talking about). So the bigger tank makes up for the poorer fuel economy i geuss??

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
VKStevo said:
true but i doubt any vb/vh will get 8L/100 k's on the highway, and my vk doesnt use 13L/100 k's in the city either, more like 11, and as most ppl no im not a slow driver

We had a manual VH 202 from new and it used to get 8.5l/100 when new on the highway. I'm pretty sure that chart up there ^ is for base models (manuals)

ENV5

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec, VC SL/E V8, 2x Lada Nivas
yes that chart is for new bog stock non modified commos

steve you got a recon carby, extractors and exhaust which will help your economy :)

CALAIS 6

snowballing
Reaction score
Members Ride
05 vz exec
lol my mums bf can get 1100 out a tank in his vt calais on trips and around 500-600 city driving he does use cruise tho when on long trips