Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fuel economy

Afrikano

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 Vy Ute
Hey, this is my first post, but i have been on this site for a while. I bought my first car ( which is a bloody buety) its a 2002 Vy Ute with full SS body kit, 17" but hasnt been lowered, im planning on using the car for a few work related things so i dont wanto lower it. Yer that pretty much the car but my Question, it has a sports exaust and i cat...now i dont know much about this stuff so hopefully i said the right thing there. But does having the exaust and cat use more fuel? If so is it a major percentage difference or nothing to really care about? Because the car is alsp running on lpg..so with duel fuel itll be better, currently its at 15.2L/100km..to me thats a bit high?? Cheers

Jezza

Now with LS1 power
Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman International
it depends on your driving alot if you drive like a grandma then you should get 500+kms out of a tank n o problem but if you dont the you give it a bit of peddel then expect the ecomomy to be around 350-450kms per tank

benno9911

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY S2 Exec
i am getting 12.4ltr/100km my average speed is around 30km/h all around town driving and i am a kinder heavy footed driver

vr1uz-fe

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vr berlina
there would be a faulty sencor me thinks most probaly the oxy

maldotcom2

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cammed mafless VS Calais 5-speed.
Actually there is something to worry about. If it is a faulty oxy sensor it will be causing excessive fuel comsuption. Before you go replacing them, change the oil, and replace the plugs, leads and air filter. Also run a bottle of injector cleaner with the next tank of fuel. Get a can of "maf cleaner" from supercheap and pull out the maf sensor and spray all the crap out. All these things you should do when you buy a car, reguardless of your fuel issue. If the fuel issue still exists after this then replace the oxy sensors.