Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fuel economy

holden001

Dave001
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim
Gday, just wondering if its normal for my v6 commodore to be only taking me around 440-460kms per tank. Im running it on 91 unleaded. No major modifications, only modifications are K&N panel filter, 2 1/2 inch exhaust, full MSD ignition system..(the boring usual).
It could very well be my driving style...but it would be interesting to see what figures other v6 owners are getting.
By the way, i live in Wagga wagga NSW, a moderately large town, where theres no freeways or anything in town. All my driving is done in a 'relaxed city' environment i guess you could say.

MattLee

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
My avg fuel consumption is around 14L/100Kms. but everyone tells me this is horrible.

cds

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ute & WM Statesman
dont know how you guys do this... driving from where i live to the city, park and drive home 5 days a week i get around 800km/tank - if i dont rush the car to and from work everyday and not go too hard i can sqeeze in another 50km.. on top of that. :s I keep hearing people with 500 and its sorta like what the hell? I did one of those fuel consumption test, went to servo filled waited for 1st click.. did around 100km and then back at the servo same pump 1st click and filled just under 10 liters.

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
Don't forget it hides a good 15-20 litres more in reserve. Mine hits red and i fill it up. 75 litre tank takes 55 litres and it's full again. Holden should have left 10 litres reserve 20 is to much, You can drive another 150km when it first warns you. I have and still filled up with max 59 litres.