Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fuel Filter Removal

Stuart Gregory Hunt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive S2
When disconnecting the lines from the fuel filter do I squeeze or push the tabs forward on the connectors to release them?

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6
You have to squeeze them in to get the fuel filter to release itself from the fuel line

Easy way to change fuel filter is:
# Start the car and them remove the fuel pump relay so the car stalls....This reduces the pressure in the fuel line
# Leave fuel pump relay out.....Turn the ignition off
# Remove fuel filter by squeezing tabs in on fuel line fitting.....Whilst holding the filter, a little wiggle & back and forth movement will release the filter....Be careful of your eyes as a small amount of fuel will spill out after the fuel filter & line are separated
# Replace fuel filter
# Refit fuel pump relay
# Start the car....Will usually take a couple of cranks to start as the fuel line is practically empty

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
I hadn't released the pressure, but I did wrap the old fuel filter is a rag, then separated the fuel lines from the filter,
stunk of Petrol for a while, as there was a fair bit came out after disconnecting it.

Last edited:

alby1976

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Grange Gen3, VF Calais V Wagon, VY Calais L67
Just did mine, used some multigrips to squeeze the clips while twisting the connection off.