Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fuel Filter tool

JCurt86

Reaction score
Members Ride
85 VK
Hey Everyone

trying to replace the fuel filter and i got told i need a tool to remove the lines/clips? is anyone able to send a picture or link of what tool i need? or even advice/tip on how to do it

any help would great

thank you

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
You're wasting your time and money with the tool.

Grasp the tabs, push them in while pushing the hose back towards the body of the filter. Might need to give it a wiggle then pull it apart.

1985VK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL
ditto ...

gohrdrgomad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VxCaly57
Hey Everyone

trying to replace the fuel filter and i got told i need a tool to remove the lines/clips? is anyone able to send a picture or link of what tool i need? or even advice/tip on how to do it

any help would great

thank you
Hey Everyone

any help would great

thank you
lf you try to remove after driving the pressure will prevent easy disconection. Fuel will enevetably spray everywhere. You could remove a fuse assosiated with the fuel pump then crank the engine, this has been posted before. I wait until the next morning and releases with ease as the pressure drops. Maybee also you could release pressure at the engine fuel rail but you would need a hose and conection to capture the exess fuel in a container.

stick3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sedan vs ute gsx1400
i just pull the fuel pump fuse and start it till it dies than few more seconds of cranking
take a container to put the old filter into when you get under as its still full of fuel and watch your eyes it stings

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6
You don't need a tool to replace the fuel filter.
In close to 20 years of servicing VT - VZ commodores I have never used, or needed a "Tool" to remove the fuel filter
It's this simple to do....
1. Start car and remove the fuel pump relay (from the fuse box under bonnet) so the engine runs out of fuel. This is necessary as it reduces the fuel pressure in the fuel line and makes removing & replacing the filter easy
2. Remove old fuel filter as described by Sabbath in post 2 above
3. Replace old fuel filter
4. Refit fuel pump relay
5. Start car....It will take a couple of cranks to start as the fuel pump needs to refill the fuel line

Safety Tip:
Wear safety glasses or sunnies when removing the filter fuel will come out of the line when the filter is disconnected

Last edited: