Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

fuel filter

maccasparks

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY V6 Wagon
Howdy - any hot tips on changing the fuel filter on a VY Wagon? I did it a few years ago on a VL and had to run the motor with the fuel pump fuse out until it stopped.Is that still thge case and those hose clips look a bit different.
Cheers

oztech007

Reaction score
Members Ride
15 VE SSV 6.0t V8 A6 SEDAN
Yep, Pull the Fuel Pump fuse out and start the car until it runs out.
Then Crank it a few more times to completly Depresurize ths system.
There will be still a little presure when you disconnect the hoses so be carful not to get any petrol in your eye like I did once. :cry:

The clips are different. You need to push the hose clips Hard towards the fuel pump and then pull it back hard. They should pop off. If it doesnt come off, try it again.
When you put the hoses back on the new filter, they simply push back on. They should click in. Pull on them a little to make sure they dont pop off.
Then put the fuel pump fuse back in.
Turn the key 4-5 times to prime the pump and lines. (not starting it).
They fire her up.

Baldric

The BOSS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE GTS M6
a easy way to remove it with the snap lock clips is get a water bottle with those "pop tops" cut one in half and shove it into the clip ends and it should pop ff quite easy.

Baldric

The BOSS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE GTS M6
indeed all use same quick lock fittings

BANKS

DW I'm a Spray Painter!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ Ute
Hope yours isn't the same as my VY V8 one tonner, the fuel filter is inside the tank believe it not, tray off job. :bang:

hahha i dont think so, i think its under the tray. Well i hope it is, guess ill find out later :p

Baldric

The BOSS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE GTS M6
im pretty sure theres a panel there with about 20-30 bolts ndo them and its all in there (i was thinking of a sedan)