Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

fuel filter

vtv6manual

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt exec
the two sorta tabs/buttons with groves inwhich u can squeeze and they hurt ur fingers. if you push the fuel line towars the filter a little bit you can push/ squeeze these tab/buttons in and then while holding them in u pull the backward and it should come off sometimes there a real pian.

kaishiz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S pac Manual.
they are definantly a real pain... you may take some skin off your hands.. make sure you have a towl under you for all the petrol that is going to leak out...

DarkCrystal

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim V6
They are an absolute pain in the ass!!! I couldent get mine with my fingers... ended up using pliers... sorted now...

VX_Wannabe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Exec
i tryed mine with my fingers but i got the ****s and took it to a mechanic and got him to do it lol

OZI51X

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais S1 V6
the heart ache involved with replacing it is a nitemare. i bought the tool ot release the clips and because the are plastic they become brittle and i busted mine. i went to holden to get some new clips and they reckon that u have to buy the hole fuel line because the clips come with it, not sold as a seperate part. $600 or the fuel line. i was lucky i found a filter at a spare parts shop that had the clips on it, mind you it took me 5 days to find one and they are rare as hens teeth. i would neva attemp it again and always get a mechanic to do it for me then its on his shoulders if he breaks it. and if you are stupid enough to get holden to replace the fuel lines they take the clips out and throw away the fuel line and only repalce the clips

Reaction score
Members Ride
falcon
if ya push them together heaps not just a little bit they come off heaps easy
spray wd40 or crc onto joins first to remove stones/dirt in joints
takes 5 mins to replace filter